First Tour

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: First Tour
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Monday, August 10, 2015 - 09:52 am:

Yesterday I took my '14 Touring on his first tour, and he ran beautifully! I was a little nervous because it was his first real test, but I was really amazed at how well he ran. Over twenty cars from our club, The Casual T's, showed up in the morning for coffee and doughnuts and we headed to an open flea market. We then headed east and we took a ferry to Harsens Island for lunch and great sight-seeing. Our last destination was Port Huron for ice cream and fellowship. We ended up with over 120 miles, and the weather was fantastic! I took my 16 year old son along as navigator, and he did an awesome job. I am in the process of teaching him how to drive a T, so he wasn't quite ready to take the wheel (and I'm not ready to be a passenger yet!). Great day and great memories without one breakdown.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Monday, August 10, 2015 - 10:28 am:

That's really special......does not get much better than that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, August 10, 2015 - 07:53 pm:

Great aint it?!? Looks like clones there next to each other in the third pic. Nice looking cars. Bill, does "him" have a name?? LOL Gotta have a name!! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Monday, August 10, 2015 - 07:54 pm:

My son wanted to take his drivers test in the Speedster, but I said not in that neighborhood. So I took him with to the International tour that summer and he drove then. Earned himself a Jimmy Walker Award and he was just as pleased.

We have a member of one of the clubs here in Wisconsin who used her Dad's Model T for her test. And she passed.

I am sure your son would be thrilled to do the same.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Monday, August 10, 2015 - 08:11 pm:

Dave, I'm not so sure about that driving test! My son already took his in his own "first" car and he passed with flying colors (except that darned parallel parking!). Tim, this may sound weird but I like to call the car "Brother Bill", in honor of my late friend Bill Cusack of Corpus Christi, TX. A lot of you met him and his side kicks Buddy and Mike at the OCF two years ago. Bill was my friend and we talked all the time. He was very excited about my "new" '14 T and really wanted to see it this year at the festival, but sadly, he passed away in March of this year. Every time I called him, or he called me, he'd say "Hey Bill, this is Brother Bill down in Texas calling!". Once I finished the car, I couldn't think of a better person to honor than Brother Bill!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, August 11, 2015 - 07:02 am:

Bill, I think that is great, and very honorable. Not weird at all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, August 11, 2015 - 10:36 am:

Bill,

As I'm sure you noticed, there was another photo op when we gathered as a group on Harsen's Island. Got any of those to post???

Great seeing you, your son and your car there!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Tuesday, August 11, 2015 - 05:12 pm:

Jerry, indeed it was a great tour and I was thrilled to be a part of it (although the two hour lunch wait and snafu was a bit trying!). Unfortunately, I don't don't have panoramic options on my camera so at the "photo op" I took several in a row. Also, I really, REALLY wish I would have gotten a photo of the beauty from the boat! Man, was I slow and she was fast! Anyway, my son had a really great time too and he proved to be an excellent navigator. By the way, does the Kmart parking lot for your overnight tour allow vehicles and trailers to stay there overnight?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, August 12, 2015 - 10:48 am:

Bill,

PM sent.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Wednesday, August 12, 2015 - 06:31 pm:

It was a father/son day for us, too Bill, as you know. My son, Marty, did most of the driving and he's very good at it! It was a great tour, as the Casual Ts tours usually are, and we had a great time. Thanks for posting pic #3 of your car and mine. But, I'm really looking forward to a pic or two of the "scenery" we enjoyed at the stop where you took the above pics. (Wink,wink!!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Wednesday, August 12, 2015 - 08:00 pm:

Marty, I'm kicking myself for not getting that shot, although it keeps playing in my minds eye! Gotta love summer by the water!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, August 13, 2015 - 09:27 am:

Oh my gosh Bill, that's the only thing I remember from that tour...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Thursday, August 13, 2015 - 09:41 am:

First tours are always the most fun. I did mine over 50 years ago, and still enjoy them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Thursday, August 13, 2015 - 12:06 pm:

Did ANYONE think to get that picture???? Maybe we were just too darned dazed!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Thursday, August 13, 2015 - 12:21 pm:

Sounds as if everyone was too flabbergasted to operate a camera at that point. Sorry I missed it. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Thursday, August 13, 2015 - 04:04 pm:

Lets just put it this way; a twenty-something blonde beauty wearing small black patches that barely concealed the goods strolled up to our semi-circle of parked T's, accompanied by two overweight bodyguards (more like body gourds) who apparently owned a large boat. The rear "patch" kept riding nicely up and she kept trying (unsuccessfully) to pull it down in place. I think we were just too darn stunned to think of snapping a picture, but she really liked our cars and we really liked her!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, August 13, 2015 - 04:30 pm:

Well look who's here;

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Thursday, August 13, 2015 - 05:05 pm:

Jerry! I'm so impressed!!! Too bad those two meat heads had to be in that shot. Looks like they wanted to be center stage - weird. Wouldn't you rather be her bookends?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Thursday, August 13, 2015 - 05:07 pm:

By the way, I think that's the first time I've EVER seen Chuck smile!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Thursday, August 13, 2015 - 05:24 pm:

Just be glad it wasn't nude day at the lake...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Friday, August 14, 2015 - 08:04 pm:

Bill,

Using a new smartphone app, I was able to download those images from my memory. Yes, Chuck has a real "school boy" grin.

Ed, It actually WAS the day before!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 07:00 pm:

Those pictures to NOT do justice to that amazing collectible!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Sunday, August 16, 2015 - 04:55 am:

TT's are always interesting...:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Sunday, August 16, 2015 - 07:18 am:

So are T's and A's!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration