Ford T WW1 photos

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Ford T WW1 photos
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine in Australia on Monday, August 10, 2015 - 12:38 pm:

http://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/search?query=ford%20car&items_per_page=10&f[0]=mediaType%3Aimage

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Monday, August 10, 2015 - 02:17 pm:

Wow! Lots of great photos I have never seen previously. Thank you sir!

I especially like this British 1913 touring with the volunteer ladies.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Tuesday, August 11, 2015 - 06:43 am:

Royce, I think you must have been distracted by the passengers. That body style is ugly to this beholder's eyes. The cowl looks like something from an early truck, and everything else is so boxy, it looks home made. Sure is different though.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gustaf in Idaho on Tuesday, August 11, 2015 - 06:57 am:

At least they had girls at the YMCA in those days

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Tuesday, August 11, 2015 - 07:10 am:

Allan,

Trafford Park's first attempt at body construction was simple, and different from what was built in the USA or Australia. But it still looks great to me! Here are some other images of the same body style unique to British Model T's of 1913:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine in Australia on Tuesday, August 11, 2015 - 09:07 am:

The Brit T styling is not by accident you know. They were styled to look like more expensive British brands...not unlike brass Duncan and Frazer Ts in Australia.

I agree with Royce, they have character; they look great. A bit like a British bulldog or Winston Churchill in a top-hat smoking a cigar.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration