Did I really do this?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Did I really do this?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, August 10, 2015 - 03:40 pm:

This is such a classic bonehead move that I think it deserves its own separate post. I was taking the roadster out for a test drive, and when I got out to the road I found I couldn't shift into high gear.

I didn't take long to figure this one out
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, August 10, 2015 - 03:43 pm:

Never done that with the floorboard, but I have taken off after maneuvering the car in close quarters with the lever straight up, then couldn't figure out for a second why the car wouldn't go into high. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Monday, August 10, 2015 - 04:31 pm:

Maybe Henry designed it that way so you can have a training mode.:-) I couldn't make that mistake with mine because I still have the original floorboards with the packing crate cross braces which would be very noticeable.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tim moore, "Island City" MI on Monday, August 10, 2015 - 08:20 pm:

It would be fine in Australia as in the first photo it is upside down. Good parking brake movement though.

Tim Moore

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gustaf in Idaho on Monday, August 10, 2015 - 11:10 pm:

I made sure that I can not do that, as my floor board is primer on the bottom and OD on top:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Tuesday, August 11, 2015 - 03:41 am:

The problem is Obvious.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Tuesday, August 11, 2015 - 06:08 am:

Steve,

Perhaps there is an emerging market for a new improved floorboard? One that will never make the owner feel like “Did I really do this?”

Thankfully your fix was a lot easier than when someone pushes on the low speed pedal and finds the car backing up after rebuilding the rear axle. Thanks for brightening up my day.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Tuesday, August 11, 2015 - 11:23 am:

Steve is always finding a BETTER WAY!

I use a wooden block in the brake handle slot during parades so it will not go into high gear by mistake.

All Steve needs to do is turn the floor board over.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Fry on Tuesday, August 11, 2015 - 11:15 pm:

Steve,

Been there......done that. At first I thought something broke.....then I got my head out of my you know what!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Norton on Thursday, August 20, 2015 - 11:20 pm:

Hap, nice photo editing to show the improved floorboard :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Friday, August 21, 2015 - 05:36 am:

G'day David,

Sometimes I wish that a few features my computer has were available for my life. I could sure have used a "do over" button. Especially when the kids were little or after finishing working on the car and noticing a left over part that wasn't an extra part....

Respectfully submitted,

Hap

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration