Praise for the Kingston L4

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Praise for the Kingston L4
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Monday, August 10, 2015 - 07:26 pm:

I know the L4 has received a lot of bad press recently including a Dyno test in one of the T magazines. A while a go I bought a brass NOS L4. I've had it on a few of my T's and always thought they performed quite well. The last car I used it on was my 14 until I rebuilt the proper HolleyG. I then kept the L4 under the rear seat for a spare. The G is an excellent performer, except my gas mileage hasn't been great. Yesterday I decided to put the L4 back on to make sure it still performed okay, and also to check more critically the performance of it. We drove about 80 miles today, it performed flawlessly, good response, good hill climbing, very smooth running, just as good as the G and NH's I have on four of my other T's. The only thing I didn't test was top speed, as I don't drive much over 40. It performed so well, I think I will leave the L4 on for the rest of the season.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration