1927 T Roadster Lower Windshield

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 1927 T Roadster Lower Windshield
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Monday, August 10, 2015 - 11:36 pm:

I friend of mine scored a dandy Roadster at the Iola Old Car Show last month.
It's quite a nice car but came with a lower windshield half that comes short of reaching the cowl.
As it is it would leave at least a 2" gap.
I have no idea what that's supposed to fit.
I imagine these things are lying around all over the place........

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, August 11, 2015 - 08:33 am:

It might be a lower windshield from a mid 20's Chevy or some other era auto, many were similar but different.

If the rubber gasket is missing, he may have a gap to the cowl of about an inch with an original windshield.

Old 26/27 Model T windshields are out there, but the 26/27 style is popular with the hot rod crowd, so he'll have to compete with them = higher prices than most other 20's T stuff.
See this ebay ad for an example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1926-1927-Model-T-Ford-Roadster-Lower-Windshield-26-27-H ot-Rat-Street-Rod-Bucket-/371398588574

There are repros available, but they aren't cheaper.. https://www.modeltford.com/item/78205.aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, August 11, 2015 - 08:39 am:

Not a real good look at what the wind shield should look like but I think you can tell from this shot

but there is a better look in my profile picture

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration