Troop 183 Update

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Troop 183 Update
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Rakestraw on Tuesday, August 11, 2015 - 09:03 am:

At our meeting last night, the guys got busy on the "new" hubs. Was the first time any of them had used an angle grinder. We then spent some time scraping pistons and then just turning the engine over and watching the magic of pistons and valves.

Keep 'em rolling.

Mark

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn - Lincoln, NE on Tuesday, August 11, 2015 - 03:01 pm:

Love it, those boys are engaged in the project!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Wilson - Omaha NE on Tuesday, August 11, 2015 - 03:33 pm:

I hate to criticize, but both the leader, and the scout should be wearing safety glasses, and or face shields. Neckerchief's should not be worn (can't tell in one picture) And I really would like to see the part secured better than in the leader's hands. Can't start too young to stress safety.
That being said, what a cool thing to do as Scouts. When I was a Boy Scout, I was fortunate enough to be in a troop with really great adult leaders. This is something they will keep in their memory for life.
Eagle cards are signed by the president of the United States, or at least they used to be. Mine is signed by Richard Nixon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Rakestraw on Tuesday, August 11, 2015 - 08:52 pm:

Everyone has stylish safety glasses. Don't worry about that. And the tool handlers aren't wearing a neckerchief, but thanks for keeping us straight. The cameraman couldn't do dirty work because of an injury, but he really liked turning the engine over.

Sewing is coming up soon. We'll be constructing our upholstery on a 1917 Singer.

Best

Mark

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew M Schrodt on Wednesday, August 12, 2015 - 06:56 pm:

I wish my troop would do something like this!!!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration