26 coupe lower window seal and channel

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 26 coupe lower window seal and channel
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Henson on Tuesday, August 11, 2015 - 12:58 pm:

I'm having the local glass shop cut new side windows for my 26 coupe. I understand that the langs # 8020 rubber seal goes over the glass and into the lower metal channel that the regulator wheel operates in, but how does it hold the glass in place? There isn't enough "grip" to hold it by friction alone. Does this need to be glued somehow?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Tuesday, August 11, 2015 - 06:58 pm:

Jake, it is suppose to be pressed in with a bit of pressure. However, I didn't want to take the chance of cracking the glass so I used Loctite PS-30 sealant to hold the glass. It is a rubber like liquid sealant that cures overnight. It also is easily cut with a razor blade in case the glass needs to be replaced down the line.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leon Parker - Benton, Kentucky on Tuesday, August 11, 2015 - 08:35 pm:

Jake, the glass shops have glass setting tape. I have all the old glass from a 1926 coupe that we restored and the glass shop in my local area did all the glass for me. Leon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leon Parker - Benton, Kentucky on Tuesday, August 11, 2015 - 08:37 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leon Parker - Benton, Kentucky on Tuesday, August 11, 2015 - 08:50 pm:

I know next time I do a closed car I will use the green tinted windshield glass. Very lite tint. I will also use the lite brown tinted glass for the rest of the windows. We restored a 1928 tudor Model A and used the tinted glass, looked great and no more glare from headlights at night. You will find out all that flat clear glass gives you a great amount of glare from headlights coming up from the rear. The cost was not much more than the clear glass. Leon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Tuesday, August 11, 2015 - 09:12 pm:

My 27 coupe has a channel for a weatherstrip beside the glass channel so it seals against the door frame when the window is up. Any idea where that weatherstrip can be purchased?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Saylor, Citrus Heights, Ca on Tuesday, August 11, 2015 - 11:55 pm:

Two years ago I attempted to replace the window channels in my 27 Tudor with a kit from Snyder's. My car had channel all the way around sides and top. The kit comes with foam rubber for the top seal. The channels supplied were two narrow for the glass to slide in and too thick to properly fit in the doors. Appears all the vendors supply this same kit. I did an internet search and found a company -- StanPro (stanpro.com) that has all sizes of window channel. They list it by dimensions. I found 5V Rigit Pile Lined Rubber covered channel part # 75000038 -72" was an exact fit for my 27 Tudor. I ordered from Auto Parts Warehouse for $38.00 72" will do one complete door. You do have to save the clips from the old ones and reuse on the StanPro channels. Snyder's refunded my money even after I had severely mutilated the channels.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Henson on Wednesday, August 12, 2015 - 11:15 am:

Leon- did you use the langs 8020 seal between the glass and the regulator channel?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leon Parker - Benton, Kentucky on Wednesday, August 12, 2015 - 07:48 pm:

Jake, what page is part 8020 on. Lang's 2015 catalog.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Henson on Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 10:53 am:

https://www.modeltford.com/item/8020.aspx

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration