Old Photo - Then The Radiator, Then The Gas Tank ,Then The......

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - Then The Radiator, Then The Gas Tank ,Then The......
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, August 12, 2015 - 12:34 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Wednesday, August 12, 2015 - 12:38 am:

Here you go - 1953:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thQfzzMnU3U

See 1:43 mark.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, August 12, 2015 - 12:56 am:

Great clip, Thanks Erik!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Wednesday, August 12, 2015 - 01:20 am:

Seems like one radiator would be enough. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Wednesday, August 12, 2015 - 01:35 am:

The horn, upside down?? I thought I read on one of Royces posts that the bell should be away from the hood?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Wednesday, August 12, 2015 - 03:47 am:

The horn is upside down. When it is installed correctly, water doesn't stay in the horn.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Wednesday, August 12, 2015 - 06:45 am:

It's all in how you look at it...The horn is right side up, it's the car that is upside down!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Wednesday, August 12, 2015 - 08:21 am:

What are those brackets on the upper face of the dash (firewall)?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Wednesday, August 12, 2015 - 08:23 am:

Never mind--Cowl lamp brackets. They looked odd.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, August 12, 2015 - 12:19 pm:

For what it's worth, that was filmed at Highland Park in 1953. My dad worked there at the time and saw them film it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Wednesday, August 12, 2015 - 12:44 pm:

The tires should have been the thing that said the picture was later?? Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Wednesday, August 12, 2015 - 01:14 pm:

I knew right away that it was a screenshot of a film recreation because I have seen many times before. It shows up as stock footage in documentaries on PBS on a regular basis. Note that I included "1953" in my first post.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Wednesday, August 12, 2015 - 03:37 pm:

I think it's a foreign photo. Some of the late '12s had horns like that, but it's the crank handle that puzzles me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Spaziano, Bellflower, CA. on Wednesday, August 12, 2015 - 04:09 pm:

That screen shot is from the 1953 motion picture "The American Road" narrated by Raymond Massey.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, August 12, 2015 - 04:44 pm:

Larry,

As I said, it was filmed at the Ford Highland Park Plant. As others said, it was filmed in 1953. I'm certain they got a couple tiny details wrong.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Powell. Tasmania Australia on Wednesday, August 12, 2015 - 06:58 pm:

OK then.
What's the back story to the making of the film?
Where did the parts come from to assemble the cars?
Were they provided by enthusiasts?
Do the cars still exist today?
It's just interesting because everything looks "new"
There may be a few inaccuracies but still very entertaining.

David

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Wednesday, August 12, 2015 - 07:02 pm:

1953 = 50th anniversary of Ford Motor Co.

Most likely one of the reasons the film was made.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration