O/T-ish Uship walkthrough please

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: O/T-ish Uship walkthrough please
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russell Nave on Wednesday, August 12, 2015 - 09:08 pm:

I posted an ad on uship to find out what it will cost to ship against the cost of renting and driving myself. It seems I unknowingly activated an auction I could not act on it because I just needed numbers and my check to the seller had not cleared yet, Did I ruffle some panties?
Will they take me seriously when I am ready to move the car?
How does the third party coordinate pick up / delivery? How safe is it? Thanks, Russ.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Wednesday, August 12, 2015 - 10:07 pm:

Contact uship
I have used them for thing ranging from a Tt truck non op to carousel horse and ship a lot of hit miss engines all with door to door service

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, August 13, 2015 - 06:23 am:

Russell,

UShip is a transport broker.

If something happens with the hauler they connect you with,
they will do nothing for you.

Find a hauler & deal directly with them.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russell Nave on Thursday, August 13, 2015 - 11:44 pm:

Thank you Jim,
How do I do that? I have advertised on this forum and smokstak and had no responces....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Friday, August 14, 2015 - 05:21 pm:

Russell,

I just dropped off this Model T Speedster to a member in Miamisburg, OH this morning ...

I am on my way now to drop off the 1947 Frazer Manhattan you see behind it in a couple days in Pennsylvania ...

Click on my name - it will take you to my profile which has a link to my website.

You can PM - email - call me.

I give advice on the phone every day to folks that I do not haul for .....

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 11:11 pm:

I had good service from uship they are a service were haulers bid for there services
If you clicked accept a bid the haulers name and contact is given to you contact them and tell them to cancel I personally used them many time and had a few hick ups but was easily corrected

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Batta - Dayton, Ohio on Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 11:20 pm:

Jim,

Can you share who the lucky fella is in Miamisburg, Ohio. I'm from Centerville just around the corner. Is he on the forum?

Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Sunday, August 16, 2015 - 12:09 am:

Scott,

Ernie is pictured with the car.

He bought it on ebay.

He has other Model T's.

I can't say more than that.

Freighter Jim

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration