A good friend has passed

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: A good friend has passed
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Thursday, August 13, 2015 - 07:27 am:

A week ago Clara Jo Ostergren passed away. She and husband Ben, deceased, were long term members of the San Fernando Valley chapter. Clara Jo, with the help of her family, was still producing the chapter newsletter, "The Flivver" right up to the last.

We were welcomed into their household as travellers in 1989, and have been the recipients of their generous hospitality and accommodation on all our trips to the USA, as have other Aussie travellers. Clara Jo and Ben are both Rosenthal Award winners, recognised for their long term service to the T community.

Clara Jo will be sorely missed, but not forgotten by this family who were so willingly adopted as friends from Down Under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Thursday, August 13, 2015 - 08:00 am:

Sorry to hear this. They were family friends for many years and went on Model T tours with us. They were a fun couple.

I last saw Clara at the MTFCA tour at Kerrville, TX. Bryan Ostergren was there, as were my parents. We all had a great time!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Thursday, August 13, 2015 - 09:18 am:

I'm sorry to hear of Clara Jo's passing. I never met her or Ben, but they were well-known and very active in the Model T community, much like Royce's parents.

I met their son Bryan and his wife Ramona on a national tour a few years ago. They are a very nice couple, and my heart goes out to them at this difficult time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Thursday, August 13, 2015 - 11:38 am:

My prayers are with Bryan, Ramona, and the Ostergren family. I am sorry for their and our loss.

I met Byran in Eureka Springs a couple years ago. We talked about us both growing up in the North San Fernando Valley.

This is very sad news.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, August 13, 2015 - 05:18 pm:

As always, I am saddened to hear of this. My sympathies to their friends and family.
Wayne Sheldon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JOHN BEVARDOS on Thursday, August 13, 2015 - 05:31 pm:

God bless her and her family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Thursday, August 13, 2015 - 08:24 pm:

Our deepest sympathy to friends and especially the family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Friday, August 14, 2015 - 07:43 am:

Their family and friends are in our thoughts and prayers.

God bless,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bryan Ostergren on Saturday, August 22, 2015 - 11:40 pm:

Allan, Thank you for posting a notice about Ma's passing. I just learned yesterday that you had. Thanks, also to everyone else for the kind words and thoughts. Ma was just shy of 93. She had a pretty good run but just ran out of gas. It was a nice peaceful end with the family and a couple of close friends around her. Our family joined the San Fernando Valley Chapter in 1968 and Ma had been doing the newsletter for 31 years. She was a darn good Model T driver at one time, too! I think she had a genetic predisposition to Fords as her parents never owned a car or truck that wasn't built by the Ford Motor Company. Thank you again, everyone

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sayer on Sunday, August 23, 2015 - 12:48 am:

Sorry Bryan for your loss😢 our prayers go out to you all. Wished I could of met your folks like my wife Jen did, I've heard all kinds of great things about them.

Eric Sayer and Jen Hubenthal

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Sunday, August 23, 2015 - 06:21 am:

It's so hard to express the sadness one feels at the news of Clara Jo's passing. may she rest in the arms of our Lord.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 02:46 am:

Bryan,
So sorry to hear of your loss.

I met your Mom & Dad years ago -a total Stranger,but left as a Friend.

-Don

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration