Going forward at last

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Going forward at last
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Thursday, August 13, 2015 - 10:55 am:

After weeks going backwards demolishing my roadster, I finally got to go forward today.

The old base gives you some idea why the body needs a total rebuild.

Today I got the main timbers bolted down, and then built thr rear floor which is under the turtledeck.

The main side timbers are eucalypt hardwood, so hard I broke two screws, good Aussie made old stock slotted head 12g items. The floor is clear pine although not the same species used originally.

The large hole in the deck of the old base is there to accommodate the fuel tank tap. I can see no reason for it to be so large, so I will be looking to do a neater job of it.

The next task is to make the door jambs do I can build the seat riser, but I will have to buy timber for these. The trouble with a lot of the timberwork is today's sizes are almost all under those used originally. This means buying heavier stock and machining it down. What a waste!

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Thursday, August 13, 2015 - 10:59 am:

Dang me! Where did those photos go?

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, August 13, 2015 - 04:31 pm:

I don't know know where your photos disappeared to? However I do look forward to them showing up.
It does feel nice to have a major body project finally going together! Doesn't it?
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Thursday, August 13, 2015 - 04:42 pm:

Wayne he reposted the pictures under another post called "Missing Photos"

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration