Missing photos

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Missing photos
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Thursday, August 13, 2015 - 11:11 am:

I found them! I hadn't reduced them enough.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Thursday, August 13, 2015 - 12:08 pm:

Nice work, Allan. Not many people use a "manual" plane anymore. :-) I'm anxious to see more; please keep posting your progress on this project.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, August 13, 2015 - 01:57 pm:

Looks great Allen, BTW, my Dad would have lectured me good if I left one of HIS planes base down!
Sadly, while his tool box is still here, the tools disappeared (Long story, but I wasn't there to prevent it).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Thursday, August 13, 2015 - 02:54 pm:

David, perhaps the blade was retracted before it was set down. At any rate, that'd be my story.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Thompson, Sudbury MA on Thursday, August 13, 2015 - 02:59 pm:

What kind of wood are you using?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, August 13, 2015 - 05:30 pm:

Looking good!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Thursday, August 13, 2015 - 08:03 pm:

David, the plane is an early 1900s Stanley no3 that has no frog adjustment screw. It is my favourite user, being small enough for this old bugger to use one handed, while still being robust enough for some heavy work. I left it there for interest. I have two of my Dad's planes. His big toolbox is with my nephew and my brother has his no 7 plane. I wish I had not abused his set of wood chisels in my youth.

Bill, I mention the timbers in my post about going forward.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Sorenson-Montrose,CO on Thursday, August 13, 2015 - 08:18 pm:

Micheal ..
My Dad would have told me to lay it on its side also...
Allen ,you are doing a great job on that framework..I hope you keep us all updated on your progress...I wish I had saved more of my Dad's hand tools ....Carl

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James M. Riedy, Sandusky, Ohio on Thursday, August 13, 2015 - 11:27 pm:

When I go to flea markets and such, if I pick up a plane I always lay it back down on it's side. Lesson learned more years ago than I care to count in shop class. Respect your tools and keep your hands off of others. Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Friday, August 14, 2015 - 11:30 am:

That's the fun part right there! Nice work..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, August 14, 2015 - 12:23 pm:

Allen,
I agree, nothing like a properly sharpened plane and some straight-grained wood for "wood therapy".
When I took a wood-shop class at Humboldt State, the instructor required us to use nothing but hand tools for the first half of the class--and then gave us some 20 year-old Madrone wood that had been cut as an experiment. Must have cut easily when green, but after 20 years!! Also, Madrone changes grain direction frequently! It was a challenge to plane it smooth.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration