Hogs head color

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Hogs head color
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By arnie johansen on Thursday, August 13, 2015 - 11:24 am:

On a 1926 Model T Ford should the hogs head cover casting and transmission inspection plate stamping both be painted black?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, August 13, 2015 - 12:31 pm:

Yes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Thursday, August 13, 2015 - 01:42 pm:

Dan or anyone .., Should they be painted "moleskin" instead of black. Moleskin is a form of green color. I have never looked into the Improved model engine colors, but I thought they were "moleskin" My late 27 engine still had signs of the Moleskin/green color on it in the corners under the old grease. The earlier 26 engines may have been black .. ??? and later engines moleskin ??? Just asking as I do not know the answer ... Arnie, I sent you a PM message ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, August 13, 2015 - 03:24 pm:

Donnie

The 1927 had that greenish 'moleskin' paint on the block, but not the hogshead.

Here is the factory scoop on what to paint what on the later Improved engine after July 26, 1926.
http://www.mtfca.com/encyclo/P-R.htm#paint3

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By arnie johansen on Thursday, August 13, 2015 - 08:59 pm:

Donnie Brown, please re-send your PM message. I could not find it!

Thanks,

Arnie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Thursday, August 13, 2015 - 09:39 pm:

Dan according to the date of July 1926 in the link, it indicates that the Moleskin engine and black hogs head is for 1927 models (and possibly very late 1926) Do you know when the moleskin color was added. I have never really given it much thought before now as to the engine colors. But 1926 models may be black engine and hogs head. ???? Again, Im just asking, as I do not have a clue ... Arnie I re sent the PM ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, August 13, 2015 - 10:21 pm:

Donnie

Yes the T's engines prior to late July '26 for the introduction of the '1927' model year, the Improved Car engines were all painted a black wash.

Then the 1927 model year T's had the greenish moleskin painted block and cylinder heads and dressy parts too. That moleskin was lacquer paint, like the '27 bodies got, probably easier to spray on that paint too, and saved some time while trying to make the T look more uptown.

All that dolly-up stuff to help sell the Ford in face of dropping sales to Chevy. But.....the die was cast, and the T was on its way out.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration