Commutator tool

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Commutator tool
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By arnie johansen on Thursday, August 13, 2015 - 09:16 pm:

I measured the front cover and its ID was about 3.000" where the timer fits. I measured the camshaft and its od was about 0.560". Is this correct?

Since I do not use this tool often I thought I could make one on a wood lathe, for occasional use!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, August 13, 2015 - 10:38 pm:

Arnie

Older post with some info on that.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/219980.html?1309272627

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A Bartsch on Friday, August 14, 2015 - 09:25 am:

Arnie:

If you have access to a lathe, take an old Ford timer and fit a core of hardwood then bore center to camshaft diameter + a few thousandths, makes an accurate inexpensive centering tool.

respectfully, jb

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration