OT - Eric H., this is for you. Maxwell dealer dis's Ford.....

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT - Eric H., this is for you. Maxwell dealer dis's Ford.....
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Friday, August 14, 2015 - 08:49 am:

This Maxwell dealer in CA put out an advertisement taking on Ford. I thought Eric Hylen might enjoy it. Eric and his Maxwell compatriots did well at the Antique Car Run (New London to New Brighton MN) last week:

"Perfectly Simple, Simply Perfect"

However, he was incorrect about Ford and 30 inch wheels. Both the 1907 R and 1908 S Roadster were equipped with 30 inch wheels.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Friday, August 14, 2015 - 10:00 am:

I like the rivalry. In the early years, Ford and Maxwell were direct competitors in the lower priced car market. I feel that the Maxwell was ahead of the Ford cars of the '05-'08 era in many ways. They had many features that Ford later incorporated into the Model T, including three-point engine mounting, thermosiphon cooling and fully enclosed two-speed planetary transmissions. Let's not forget durable, steel bodies.

Ford won the sales race by marketing cars that ran just a little faster than their counterparts and by developing a better dealer support network than the world had ever seen. They grew so fast that other makes struggled to keep up.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration