Odd Tools

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Odd Tools
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Friday, August 14, 2015 - 03:15 pm:

Can anybody ID these tools?
Thanks for any help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Elliott, Tigard, OR on Friday, August 14, 2015 - 06:38 pm:

The bottom one has "Parker 1" OD"
Park is a fitting company so I would assume that tool is some sort of swage tool for 1" fitting.
Is it spring loaded, like you could hit it with a hammer?
No guess on the other two.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Friday, August 14, 2015 - 08:22 pm:

Thanks Scott,
A friend has these tools so I don't know about spring loading.
I'm familiar with aircraft fittings and I think you're right.
Looks like a flaring tool for aircraft tubing.
Thanks again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 07:24 am:

Your second photo looks like it may be used for cutting a nut off of a bolt or cutting a chain link. It is placed on the side of the nut and tightened down until it splits the nut. I think there was another piece that locked on the other side to hold it in place.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 01:03 pm:

Thanks Dennis,
Yeah...looks like some part is missing.
Nut splitter makes sense.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd, ............Red Deer, Alberta on Sunday, August 16, 2015 - 10:53 am:

Would the middle picture tool be for spreading spring leaves for injecting lubricant?
Have seen other tools for that job.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration