Kellogg Nickel Plated Triple Cylinder Air Pump

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Kellogg Nickel Plated Triple Cylinder Air Pump
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Toshikazu Foley on Friday, August 14, 2015 - 04:29 pm:

We recently acquired a Kellogg Nickel Plated Triple Cylinder Air Pump, not sure about age. It says "Special 12." There was one similar to this posted on this Forum but that one was made of brass. We have all the parts, including the screws. We took off the screws to examine the pistons/plungers and did some light cleaning. It does still pump air. The original rubber tube has stiffened and cracked, but it should be an easy replacement.
Does anyone have any information on this?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Friday, August 14, 2015 - 04:59 pm:

My opinion is the quick release chuck is not original to the pump. It probably originally had a knurled, screw chuck.

Casual search on Google books -

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lonnie Smith Baxter MN on Friday, August 14, 2015 - 10:37 pm:

Doesn't look like a $4000 pump. Good luck selling it???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Friday, August 14, 2015 - 11:32 pm:

Dream onů..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultra-Rare-Model-T-Triple-Cylinder-Kellogg-Nickel-Plated -Tire-Air-Pump-USA-Made-/262005671736?hash=item3d00c14738&vxp=mtr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Toshikazu Foley on Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 12:06 am:

Good luck finding one like it!
Be respectful of postings on this Forum
If you are not contributing to the information requested, please don't make personal accusations, as it is against the policy of this Forum

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 12:17 am:

How about a thank you for the information I provided?

You are totally out of your element. That is not a rare pump.

Even if it were, it's only worth $50 to $200.

The only thing that could make it worth slightly more is if you knew if it was provided as original equipment for a particular make of automobile.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 12:17 am:

That pump you saw like yours here on this site is mine from a Accessory of the day post which you found by doing a Google search and finding my photo.

Your sniffing glue if you think yours is worth $3,912.02. $225 would be fair price since it's nickel plated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 09:21 am:

I guess we can settle for a Kellogg Model 10 for 1/100th of the price of a Model 12.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Model-10-tire-pump-Kellogg-Compound-Rochester-NY-seized- up-metal-22c-/131523527562?hash=item1e9f69c38a

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Schwab on Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 11:20 am:

Now I feel bad I only paid the guy at Hershey $35.00 a couple of years back for the triple pump....of course mine doesn't have the ultra expensive nickel plating.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 11:51 am:

New member 2 posts and he's lecturing you on Forum rules. Should hang around for a week or so and watch the fire works!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 01:39 pm:

I have a like-era, like-condition cast iron, steel, and wood push-type lawn mower.

Looks like my retirement questions are now resolved. My wife will be thrilled.

I'll go tell her now ....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 04:05 pm:

I paid $125 for mine a dozen years ago and it's in near mint condition with no bruises. I have never seen a nickel plated one and would guess it was equipment for a upper crust motor vehicle. My guess of $225 reflects that and the higher prices things sell for on Ebay these days.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis Melnick -Waterford , Pa on Sunday, August 30, 2015 - 10:17 pm:

What kind of car were these for ?? I found one today in my horde ?855

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Sunday, August 30, 2015 - 10:33 pm:

Any car, truck or bicycle with pneumatic tires.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration