MotoMeter readings

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: MotoMeter readings
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Moruya, NSW, OZ on Friday, August 14, 2015 - 06:18 pm:

On another tread I announced that just yesterday, I ran my T without a water pump for the first time. I idled it for about half an hour and the red indicator got to about 1/3rd of the way into the "summer running circle" and just sat there. It didn't increase any further. At the time the temp was around 16C (61F) with a very light breeze.
I notice that beneath the "summer running circle, there is a heavy horizontal line.
With all of your experiences, could you advise me where should it have been running.
This is an original, non leaking, '21 radiator.
When water pump equipped, it didn't get anywhere near this level and I doubted the accuracy of the motometer. I don't now.
Thanks in advance,
Cheers,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Friday, August 14, 2015 - 06:27 pm:

That's about where mine runs in Florida during the summer. When it is cooler it runs below the horizontal line. If it doesn't boil over it's fine. I find that the hotter they run the better they run at least up to the point where they boil. In Florida I do find that the mercury level fluctuates quite a bit. With the car running at around 25-30mph on level ground the mercury will come down considerably and while sitting at a light or draw bridge the mercury will nudge up as far as the top of the circle. Racing the motor a bit while the car is sitting brings it down but is not necessary to keep it from boiling over.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Moruya, NSW, OZ on Friday, August 14, 2015 - 07:15 pm:

Thanks Val.
Considering that the car was stationary for the 30 mins, I'm happy now, that it'll stay within acceptable limits when its under way and has a decent airflow.
Thanks again, much appreciated.
Cheers,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Friday, August 14, 2015 - 09:15 pm:

Sounds fine. Drive and enjoy.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration