Woodward Dream Cruise, who's going?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Woodward Dream Cruise, who's going?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Friday, August 14, 2015 - 11:07 pm:

I'm here in Detroit with my Model T. Looking forward to all the fun tomorrow. Anyone else?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Whaley, Caledon Ontario Canada on Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 06:35 pm:

Make sure you get some pictures Dave!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 10:26 pm:

Hey Greg. I wish I could get pictures but I have camera problems at the moment. It was a great time at the cruise. I sure was glad I had a new rad in the very heavy traffic and high heat. The car worked perfect always but eventually, there was heat transfer from the drivetrain. The heal panel and parking brake lever would burn your leg and hand! I saw some other T's such as Touring, a Tudor, two Coupes and a T fire truck. Also saw a 1910 Oakland and two Kissels and an early chain drive car but I forget the make. I also took my T to visit Henry Ford's grave. Heading to Piquette tomorrow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Sunday, August 16, 2015 - 11:13 pm:

My wife and I are back home in Canada. Today we stopped by at Highland Park and saw some good news there. A crew was doing landscape cleanup in front of the admin building. A first sign that the days are really coming that we can visit there. We went to Piquette for our second visit. All is much the same but, we got to see Henry Ford's restored office. Good job there by all involved. We also saw the historical plaque on Bagley Street. Next was the Detroit Historical Museum. Plenty of Ford history to see there too and admission is free. Detroit might have some issues but I sure do love that city.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Sunday, August 16, 2015 - 11:56 pm:

1909 car at the cruise. http://www.wxyz.com/news/region/oakland-county/model-t-among-the-vehicles-alread y-on-woodward-as-the-countdown-to-the-dream-cruise-continues

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Monday, August 17, 2015 - 12:38 am:

Why doesn't the Piquette group plan for a bunch of us to do the Cruise? Might be fun. Next year?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Monday, August 17, 2015 - 08:58 am:

Dave, when I spoke to the people working out front at Highland Park, I was told they do exactly that every year and with a good turnout too. I've never seen a group of T's there though. I think we are now at a point where we need to check Piquette and Woodward Accociation websites more often.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Monday, August 17, 2015 - 11:07 am:

Dave & Dave,

A few years back Piquette promoted just such a thing. It was poorly attended. Probably several reasons for that, but the biggest was most likely that there are several miles between Woodward Ave. near Piquette & Woodward Ave. where the Dream Cruise begins. Those intervening miles are not exactly scenic, (in a good way). If anything like that was planned this year, I was unaware of it, (or forgot... I do that now).

Glad you and your wife made the trek to Piquette, the HF sites and all the rest Dave. So happy to hear you had a good time. I love Detroit too. I wish a lot of other folks did as well. Especially those who govern it. Things are getting better though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Monday, August 17, 2015 - 10:05 pm:

Thanks Jerry. Here is a link to the event I mentioned. I was told it did happen with a good turnout even though I didn't see it. I did find the Model T to be very suitable to the cruise conditions as long as the cooling system is in great shape.

http://www.fordpiquetteavenueplant.org/?page_id=1611

(Message edited by 404 not found on August 17, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Monday, August 17, 2015 - 10:19 pm:

I don't think the link worked. Check the Piquette site and select "2015 Super Roll Registration".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, August 18, 2015 - 12:22 pm:

Dave,

O.K., yes, the Super Roll. Sorry, I totally blanked on that. Recall what I said above about forgetting stuff...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rusty Berg - West Bloomfield, MI on Tuesday, August 18, 2015 - 03:14 pm:

Hello all,

Just to toot my horn a little bit, there was also a speedster present for the cruise:

Speedster Cruise

Unfortunately, when I took this photo, just outside of Birmingham, there wasn't any other neat cars in front. I was being followed by another Model T touring with Canadian plates. Kind of fun to point at his car and explain the before and after situation.

The engine never overheated, but the transmission did get quite toasty.

Thanks for reading,

Rusty Berg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, August 18, 2015 - 03:28 pm:

Rusty,

Show us a little more of that speedster please.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rusty Berg - West Bloomfield, MI on Tuesday, August 18, 2015 - 06:29 pm:

Jerry,

There was a posting earlier in the forum describing the car:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/507689.html?1421544075

I have since updated the brakes and added the E-Timer which really gave the car a kick.

I hope folks don't mind another photo, but I was able to take a picture of the car in front of the Shell gas station at the Gilmore Car Museum, and I really think it looks sharp:

SpeedsterGilmore

Thanks for reading,

Rusty Berg

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration