Torpedo Windshield Tubing Support Bracket

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Torpedo Windshield Tubing Support Bracket
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Colegrove on Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 06:59 am:

Good Morning,
Can anyone post a photo or describe how the bracket (Lang's P/N 7821KK) mounts to the front of the car for the Brass tubing that comes from the windshield hinges on an early car? Any assistance would be appreciated.
Rich Colegrove

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 10:04 am:

It bolts to the side of the body to hold the windshield support rod.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Colegrove on Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 11:32 am:

Thanks Royce, but I am referring to the earlier cars with the long brass tubing that goes from the windshield hinges to the front (I believe) fender brackets near the frame.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Colegrove on Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 11:38 am:

Sorry, In reviewing the photo above, that is the bracket I described, but not the one I need. Glad I didn't order it. Do you know how they attached the long tubing rods to the front fender brackets?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 12:14 pm:

The clamps secure the tubes to the forward fender bracket bolts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 12:22 pm:

This might show better:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Colegrove on Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 01:07 pm:

Thanks Royce, the pictures clarify the mounting perfectly, exactly what I needed. Do the vendors sell these clamps? I can't seem to find them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 01:27 pm:

I don't think so. You can make them from .063" 4130 sheet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Colegrove on Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 03:27 pm:

Thanks again Royce. I will make them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Sunday, August 16, 2015 - 11:52 am:

Snyder's has them : http://www.snydersantiqueauto.com/windshield-rod-clamps

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Sunday, August 16, 2015 - 01:00 pm:

The other bolt on the fender iron has a loop that holds the top strap. I just started making them per the Ford drawings out of STEEL since they are currently being made from brass and they don't last very long since they wear and stretch too easily that way.

If you need a pair of those then PM me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Sunday, August 16, 2015 - 03:50 pm:

The brass ones being sold by Snyder are no good. It looks like they offer correct steel ones, I have not tried those but they might be OK. Given the choice at that price I would make my own if I didn't have any.

(Message edited by royce on August 16, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Sunday, August 16, 2015 - 06:49 pm:

The correct shaped ones are also brass that I have seen only they coated them. I have them laser cut from Cold Rolled Steel per the Ford drawing, properly formed and then powder coated. They won't stretch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Sunday, August 16, 2015 - 06:50 pm:

The correct shaped ones are also brass that I have seen only they coated them. I have them laser cut from Cold Rolled Steel per Ford drawings, properly formed and then powder coated. They won't stretch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg sarky K on Sunday, August 16, 2015 - 08:38 pm:

You should also know that a friend of mine bought the steel repros from Langs a while back and they are smaller and thinner than the originals. Have not seen the brass ones though…

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Colegrove on Monday, August 17, 2015 - 05:44 am:

Thanks to all for the info. I will order the parts from John.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration