1927 T out for a drive, figuring it all out

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 1927 T out for a drive, figuring it all out
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 07:31 am:

I Just saw Warren's thread about a go pro location on his 1926. It turns out I was putting up a video I did yesterday in my T at the same time he was posting. It looks like you just spend a few minutes to make and throw up a nice video an presto, you're Steve Jelf! Not so, you have to first figure it all out. So if you want to look at the very first effort in this process go to:

1927 driving around Penn Valley and Lake Wildwood

I had a few extra minutes so I did a quick spin within a few miles of my home. It took about 18 hours to post the 45 minute clip, and I found that YouTube (or more likely, I) had clipped the last bit off.

I have not found the best placement of camera yet so some of the things I wanted to show are off frame. Even so you can get an idea of what summer driving in draught afflicted Northern California is like.

At least the best part was included. Be sure to see the unplanned scene at about 31:00 in the clip where my border collie, D.D., demonstrates how to pose for a photo.

I promise further videos will be more Jelf-worthy in future, I just wanted to try this and to share that 30:00 scene.

TH

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 07:40 am:

Don't know why that video doesn't start at the beginning or contain the final scene... well I'm in learning mode! You can push it back to start at the beginning if it doesn't do that for you either.

TH

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 10:29 am:

Yes, some of the angles are a little off, but I'd call it a very good first effort. I like the head mount a lot better than having the camera stationary all the way through a one-shot video. Makes for a more interesting ride for the viewer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Housego (United Kingdom) on Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 10:59 am:

Great video Terry you sure made that young lads day inviting him to sit in the T. Great job.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Lyon, PDX, OR. on Monday, August 17, 2015 - 11:53 pm:

I love the patina. I'll bet a lot of people can't believe the car runs. I'd leave the body just the way it is, looks cool. Don.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Tillstrom 30 miles N of Memphis TN on Tuesday, August 18, 2015 - 10:47 am:

How long before we see the first Pittbull video?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, August 18, 2015 - 10:57 am:

I was getting dizzy watching the road and trees fly by! :-) (some that know me might say I am dizzy anyway but that's another story! :-) ). Any idea how fast your were going?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Robison on Tuesday, August 18, 2015 - 11:27 am:

I've played around with camera locations a bit. I've clamped to the top irons to get the drivers perspective, I've attached to the windshield in various positions, I've clamped to the radiator neck, etc. The last video I edited and posted used a majority of the front and center looking out the windshield. I use a suction cup to attach to the windshield. I preferred this location over many of the other I've tried for one main reason... image stability. There is much less vibration. I also like the camera behind the windshield because there is a lack of wind noise. It does have its drawbacks, you cant see the actions of the driver, the perspective is less panoramic, and you often get glare or worse insects in the field of view. Overall I find recording my vintage car outings enjoyable and I feel people like to see what I do.

Here is the link to the last video I posted to youtube. Day three is all shot from the radiator neck.

https://youtu.be/UX0r7WhaF7M

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration