Raymond Kizer Ponca City ok

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Raymond Kizer Ponca City ok
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Hedges on Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 03:56 pm:

Found another clue to the history of my 1918 center door.Itook out the back of the rear seat and found a paper where it had been in a car show put on by the Hutchinson regional Group of the Horseless Carriage Club of America,it listed the owner of the car as a Raymond Kizer of Ponca City ok.This had to have been before 1958 because Thats as far as I have tracked it.Any info from anyone will help,Thanks as always Jack Hedges 4794141282 and email jack250@centurytel.net

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Clyde in Cedarville CA on Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 04:14 pm:

Hi Jack, I have a Ford Instruction Book(Reprint) with Raymond E Kiser written on the title page. I got it from Cathy Miller("cathy8090") on Ebay. She has been selling a lot of Model T related items. Hope this helps-

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Clyde in Cedarville CA on Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 04:18 pm:

Correction-It's signed "Raymond E Kizer"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 04:21 pm:

A quick Google search for "Raymond E Kizer Ponca City, OK" got some hits with addresses and phone numbers, maybe the gentleman is still alive.

Can't hurt to try. :-)

(Message edited by cudaman on August 15, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 04:32 pm:

This is pretty simple stuff that you can do yourself.

Raymond E. Kizer, was born January 20, 1927 in Oklahoma City and passed away September 21, 2005 in Ponca City.

Figure out what local papers serve Ponca City and get a copy of his obituary. That will list relatives. Then do more Googling and call any relatives.

Also, just look up Kizer in the Ponca City white pages. That is not a common name. Any other Kizer in town is probably a relative.

My dad has done research like this for years and I occasionally help him. The internet has made researching much easier. Also, telephone calls are easy to make and letters are easy to write and mail.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Hedges on Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 04:38 pm:

I have done some search and called 2 different phone numbers and they were no longer in service,I also put adds on craigslist.He also owned a barrel co in Ponca city,His wife is around 89 but I cant find anything else about her.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 04:46 pm:

I belonged to the Hutchinson RG from about 1968-2002. I don't think they are a RG of the HCCA any more. That name, Raymond Kizer, sounds familiar tho. There used to be an annual tour (or more like a fall gathering) years ago in Ponca City. My family attended most of them, I think. If I remember right, it was usually OKC, Tulsa, & Wichita people that got together. Hutchinson used to have a "Field Meet" at the Kansas State Fair Grounds. It could have been he attended that. It was quite the thing up until the early 1960s? One of the big supporters/sponsors of the meet was Johnnie Dillon, one of the Dillon grocery store chain (now owned by Kroger). Johnnie had an accident on his c. 1914 Harley and broke his leg. That is when the Field Meets ended.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 04:50 pm:

Contact the Ponca City newspaper or the Ponca City library and get a copy of his obituary.

That will list any children, brothers, sisters, etc.

http://www.poncacityok.gov/index.aspx?nid=155

http://www.poncacitynews.com

Don't simply rely on the internet.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration