Small town car show.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Small town car show.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 08:16 pm:

Today was the car show in my town. Only 4 miles from my home , so decided to take all five of my T's. Temperature was about 90 degrees so I just sat under the shade and watched people check out the cars. Couple hundred sharp show cars but people just glanced at them and moved on. Once they got to my T's they stopped and examined them closely . then asked many questions. I was interviewed by two newspapers with many pictures taken. No trophys but my T's got the most attention.Car showcar showcar show

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 08:47 pm:

Jim,Every now and then we go by on our way to Ludington but other than one doodle bug we have yet to spot any T's?? Do they still have a car show at Burly Park?? Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 09:17 pm:

Jim, that was great to see! Last night (fri.) took my '13, Clarabelle, to the last of the friday night shows in the town 12 miles north of us. Great night. About 120 cars, a few less than usual. Short of it is, like you, my little Clara at least stole the show with the spectators. People gathered around her by the bunches, even asked to start her up for a group, as they've never seen a crank car before! So naturally I did. They were thrilled. Couldn't get away long enough to run down to the Subway for a sandwich with my neighbor friend. He went alone. I got there quite a bit later. Really great time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Derocher on Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 11:07 pm:

That's a great line up Jim, They should have given you a trophy for the most cars there? Missed you at Standish last month, they had a nice show..I nearly have my T road worthy now, thanks for your help and the parts that got me there. Jim Derocher, Sims Township, AuGres Michigan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 11:53 pm:

No trophies ? Every one of those smiling faces is the REAL trophy. Let's not confuse
sparkly landfill fodder for what is really important. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Sunday, August 16, 2015 - 09:28 am:

My wife took one look at the last photo and said with a girlish giggle "Franken Herbie!" looks like a good time

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Tuesday, August 18, 2015 - 10:35 am:

Jim, what make is that maroon car?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Tuesday, August 18, 2015 - 11:27 am:

Bill, if I recall correctly, it is a 23 Chevrolet.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration