1912 SIDE CURTAIN QUESTION

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 1912 SIDE CURTAIN QUESTION
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg sarky K on Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 09:33 pm:

I had a question about the side curtains. I have what appear to be the original side curtains for my early , February, 1912 Torpedo. These side curtains have two eyelets on each side which attach to the two fasteners on each side on the engine side of the firewall.

My question is ,is it correct for these side curtains to have two of these fasteners and eyelets on each side? Or should there only be one eyelet and fastener for each side?

I say this because on my other later year 12 Torpedo and 12 Touring, there is only one fastener on the firewall. Now, all three 12ís were made by different body makers.

You can see the eyelets on the curtains in the first photo and the fasteners on the firewall in the second photo.

So again, my question is it correct for these side curtains to have two of these fasteners and eyelets on each side? Or should there only be one?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Richmon on Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 10:10 pm:

well, I can't answer that one, but should the bolts that fasten your cowl light brackets to the firewall be brass screws or are they supposed to be painted black? Sorry to crash in on your post, but I figured who ever knew the answer to your side curtains would also know this! Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 11:03 pm:

Bob I had an original 1910 and the carriage bolt heads were painted brass color. May have been old style brass plating but looked like sparkly brass paint to me. Cant believe 1912 had brass carriage bolts. The steering bolt screws on my original 12 were not brass. (The cowl light bolts were not original.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 11:33 pm:

Hello Greg Our 12 is a late 12 it has one on each side I have seen 10s and 11s with 2 piece dashes have 2 just like yours so if yours is an early 12 it my be a carry over from the 2 piece dash cheers Colin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 11:51 pm:

Hello Again I checked our curtain plans they were drawn from original curtains they show 2 fasteners on out side of dash like yours this car was an april car ser no 102--- step side touring hope this helps

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg sarky K on Sunday, August 16, 2015 - 12:26 am:

thanks Colin, much appreciated

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration