TT drags

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: TT drags
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 10:47 pm:

Maybe the first ever?

After running a local TT tour today we lined the up for some drag racing on a grass air strip.

Two tankers battling.

Close finish!

Flatbed vs tanker

High Speed gears were a clear advantage on this slight downhill run.

2 trucks with High Speed rears running for the overall win!

John Pole gets the win by a fender!

Victory lap!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 11:31 pm:

Love it Derek, looks like a great time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 11:35 pm:

Cool... Many years ago at a swap meet/car show I saw the opposite of a drag race. The object was to see who could go the slowest without slipping the clutch or killing the motor. The winner was a TT with a Ruckstell, some kind of an auxiliary transmission behind the T transmission, and a under drive installed it the drive line. He had it in low, low, low and got out of the truck walked along side of it. He was walking very slowly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Lovejoy, So Cal on Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 11:47 pm:

Very cool, thanks for sharing Derek. Would love to see so many TT's together.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 11:59 pm:

I am dropped jawed. How cool to see that many, and that variety in one place,
AND running ! 'Round these parts, it's a one man TT show. Thanks for sharing.
You made my week, .... month ? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Sunday, August 16, 2015 - 12:08 am:

To bad Jeff Cordes wasn't there with his. He could have showed you how it is done.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Sunday, August 16, 2015 - 12:52 am:

Terry, i would imagine the main idea is to just have some fun with some friends and enthusiasts,..not to show anyone, anything.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Sunday, August 16, 2015 - 01:11 am:

Derek,
Man, I wish I was there with my dump truck.
As Marlon Brando said, "I coulda been a contender!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Sunday, August 16, 2015 - 02:29 am:

This thread reminds me of a story I heard not long ago :-) :

A snail and a turtle decided to have a race. On Monday morning they met at the racetrack. The green flag went down and they were off. Wednesday about noon they were rounding the far corner when suddenly there was a terrible crash. When the crash crew arrived they found the snail smashed beyond recognition and the turtle upside down. They righted the turtle and asked him what happened. He replied, "I don't know. It all happened so fast!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Sunday, August 16, 2015 - 08:22 am:

We had our fist "TT tour" last fall, and did 2 of them this year. I missed the spring tour this year but did the tour yesterday.

Here's last year's lineup. 6 TTs and 3 roadster pickups

Yesterday's lineup. 5 TTs

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lonnie Smith Baxter MN on Sunday, August 16, 2015 - 10:15 am:

Great pics Derek.
What kind of speed do you run on the tour?
How many miles did you go?
Maybe next year I will make it down there with mine, looks like fun.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin Konrad on Sunday, August 16, 2015 - 10:37 am:

What will we do for the 'agony & thrill of speed?' Thanks for the beautiful photos! (Wishin' I coulda been there...)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, August 16, 2015 - 11:11 am:

I guess I need to adjust my paradigm about all those people trying
to pass when I drive my TT.

It's just a race and if I want to win, I gotta keep those other drivers
behind me !

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Sunday, August 16, 2015 - 01:06 pm:

John N., my comment about Jeff Cordes TT was meant in jest; not to be taken seriously. I admire all of the TT's that were there at this gathering. If I had the storage space, I'd own just as many as were there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Sunday, August 16, 2015 - 03:22 pm:

Derek, Thank you for posting these pictures and telling about this wonderful event for TT's. I just wish I could have been there!

Next year, please let us all know about this so those of us that are able can be there.

Thanks,

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Sunday, August 16, 2015 - 07:39 pm:

Lonnie I would guess we ran about 18-20mph. I'm not really sure. I ran in Warford overdrive with 7.25 rear gears in Bruce's "extra" truck.

I still don't have my TT roadworthy.

Keith, I will be sure to post details in advance when the next one will be.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Sunday, August 16, 2015 - 08:51 pm:

Derek - Thanks. I'll look forward to it.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Leonhardt on Sunday, August 16, 2015 - 09:18 pm:

Derek,

Ditto to Keith Gumbinger's request -- interested in attending your next year TT event.

Regards,

Jack

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Sunday, August 16, 2015 - 09:53 pm:

Erik dump sure give them something to chase
Can't wait get mine on the road sure looks like fun day

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Warren on Sunday, August 23, 2015 - 09:03 am:

The grass drag strip looks a bit sippery did any of the trucks have trouble spinning out? ;)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration