Old Photo - Hauling A Bunch Of People In A TT Truck

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - Hauling A Bunch Of People In A TT Truck
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, August 16, 2015 - 12:14 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Sunday, August 16, 2015 - 12:17 am:

Can't be the Joads. Their all smiling.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Sunday, August 16, 2015 - 02:35 am:

Jay,
Any information as to where and when this photo was take? I swear that guy standing behind the truck could be my grandfather.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Sunday, August 16, 2015 - 09:51 am:

Wern't the Joads using a Chevy?? It look's strange to see all the smokers but that's the way it was. Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Sunday, August 16, 2015 - 10:26 am:

I don't believe the Joads used a TT but Steinbeck was sure familiar with T's. Many references to them concerning driving and repairing them in his books. Just read Cannery Row for some really familiar/funny stuff.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Sunday, August 16, 2015 - 11:07 am:

Wasn't it a Hudson Super Six? (In the book not the film.)

TH

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, August 16, 2015 - 11:22 am:

The "smoking" woman on the left appear to be tipping a flask more than holding
a smoke. Overall, it seems the point of th photo was to be cajoling around.

Sign on side reads Mission Cliffs Transfer. Curious dress and accoutrements.
Wonder what the story was ?

Note the underhung insulators on the telephone lines behind. This was the
"Brown's System" (Patented Nov. 23rd 1886) for doubling the capacity of the
crossarms. I have a single sidepin version on the wall right here beside me with
a Peacock Blue Westinghouse No.3 on top and a Greeley-marked "Brown's Pony"
showing how it worked.

Great photo ! :-)

It is because of images like this that I am drawn to the TT trucks. Just pure
American iconism !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, August 16, 2015 - 11:40 am:

Henry, Picture found under "Okies, San Diego" title.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Sunday, August 16, 2015 - 12:14 pm:

Well, my grandfather was an Italian not having ever been in Oklahoma or San Diego so I guess it's not him. But dang, this guy could be his twin.

Thanks!!!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration