Cant't explain this one ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Cant't explain this one ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By samuel pine on Sunday, August 16, 2015 - 04:01 am:

History= 1923 touring. Most reliable car I own.
Uses no oil no drips no smoke starts always 1/2
a turn usually free starts. Gets used alot cause
its cheap to run. Ok Sat.Mornings the usual ride
to my buddies junk yard where A's Mustangs rat
rods meet for Miller time. Now 2 miles from home
cruising right along Ta Zing then starts skippin
some backfire, so I coast in the local packie
store. Well the skipp is motor covered green
anti freeze. fan belt off. what in hell all the
fan blades there. So I pour a gal water nice
stream (not from the core) but I find the over-
flow pipe gone, guess the fan wiped that out. So
I keep wooden matches in the box and stuffed 5
matches in the stub. What I need to know is,
how high is this tube under the rad. cap.Seems
I remember about an inch down from the top?
I know there is a slight bend at the top, so
it could be possible to shove a piece of tubing
from the top. Then JB weld or something I wish
not to stick a tourch in there & don't have an
iron that big. Then I figure a hose and two mini
clamps. Any ideas without takin the radiator out.
sam

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Sunday, August 16, 2015 - 07:46 am:

Sam I don't think JB weld is your answer for that but you mileage may very. The overflow tube comes down from the tank bends left to the drivers side and is attached along that side with a couple of solder welds to keep it stationary and out of your fan. Sounds like that run Down The side came loose and got caught in the fan. I am probably wrong but to do it right I think the radiator needs to come of unless your are exceptionally gifted in soldering. The time taking it off and putting it back on is much cheaper doing it right than fighting this every few runs with a temporary fix. What's your peace of mind and engine worth?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, August 16, 2015 - 08:15 am:

Sam, I agree with John. Radiator should come off to do a good fix. They come off real easy. Probably would be a very good time to do a real good flush and clean out of the block and head. New hoses if needed, good luck with however you try to fix it ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By samuel pine on Monday, August 17, 2015 - 03:45 am:

Yes I agree but for now with new copper tubing
I used high temp epoxie solid as a rock no
leaks (yet). When the snow blizzard season
comes I'll take it to a radiator shop don't
trust old eyes with a torch....

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration