Video practice

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Video practice
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, August 16, 2015 - 04:12 pm:

I had to get the roadster off the trailer and into the shop today, so I decided to use the job for some video practice. I'm using a Mac, so the program that came with the computer is iMovie. It's pretty easy to use, but it does take some practice, just like driving a Model T. You can watch the show and tell me how I'm unloading all wrong. :-)

https://youtu.be/otTL-bZYHaY

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Sunday, August 16, 2015 - 04:47 pm:

What a deal.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Sunday, August 16, 2015 - 04:48 pm:

Did you try to start ? I would think that enough fuel would have trickled down enough to drive it off.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Plank - Three Way, TN on Sunday, August 16, 2015 - 05:27 pm:

I thought he was going to chain it to the tree then pull the trailer out from under it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Sunday, August 16, 2015 - 05:51 pm:

Your video was great Steve. Good lighting, good sound, no cussing. But when it was over, I was wore out! Tell me that's not how you usually unload a non running Model T by yourself.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John C Codman on Sunday, August 16, 2015 - 06:24 pm:

Hi Dennis, I woulda done it your way! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Sunday, August 16, 2015 - 06:59 pm:

I would have backed up to the door, jacked the rear of the tow car as high as I could and sat in it while it rolled off..
Or....do as Steve did, but leave hand brake lever all the way forward so the engine would keep it from rolling off too fast.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Sunday, August 16, 2015 - 07:01 pm:

Oh, the video was bordering on excellent.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Sunday, August 16, 2015 - 07:32 pm:

Well, that's 4 minutes and 3 seconds I probably won't get back again. However it was a well done video.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, August 17, 2015 - 01:56 am:

I've done this job before by "just rolling" the car off, with unfortunate results. That's why this time I used the wedges and had the parking brake partially set so things wouldn't get out of hand. It was slow, but easy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Monday, August 17, 2015 - 10:02 am:

Nice video, not much tread on that tire, I have gas tanks in stock if you need one, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, August 17, 2015 - 11:20 am:

Before long that bald tire will be going bye-bye. I have new ones that will be going on when I get my new wheels. Don't know about the tank yet. Still investigating the old one.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration