Speedometer cable length

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Speedometer cable length
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Douglas Dachenbach on Sunday, August 16, 2015 - 05:31 pm:

I am ready to order a speedometer cable. Having an original chain link one made. The guy said he never needed to make one longer than 60 inches. I have a 1924 Coupe and will have the swivel mounted on the tie rod bolt in front of the spindle. I'm using a SW 1916 swivel and a hub mounted road gear. I tried running a fish tape (so I wouldn't have any sharp bends) from the dash through the top edge of the floor board to about where I thin the swivel would be and got 67 inches. The guy at the speedometer shop told be to run a rope through to measure and make sure I ran it through the frame beside the carb. This time I get about 64 inches. Has anyone done one of these and what length did you use?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration