I Have a WED Model T ... I Have a WED Twuck ... I Have a WED Twailer ... AND NOW

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: I Have a WED Model T ... I Have a WED Twuck ... I Have a WED Twailer ... AND NOW
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Sunday, August 16, 2015 - 10:40 pm:

AND NOW I have a WED WOOF !!! :-) :-) :-)

Thanks to the tireless efforts of my Model T Buddies (Known as the Grumpy Old Men) and a moonlighting roofer I have a new RED ROOF on my work shop. It took only two long days to complete the task. Now my house, my garage and my shop all have metal roofs - NO MORE COMP FOR ME !!

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn - Lincoln, NE on Monday, August 17, 2015 - 12:00 am:

Bob - Out here in Nebraska you would fit right in as a "Husker Fan!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Monday, August 17, 2015 - 12:04 am:

Thanks Mike - It's nice to know I am not the only Red Freak in the T world :-)

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Monday, August 17, 2015 - 05:15 am:

My favorite color is RED. A woman in red is beautiful. All my new P/U's since the 80's have been red.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Richmon on Monday, August 17, 2015 - 05:26 am:

nice job! Red is good!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Monday, August 17, 2015 - 09:08 am:

I got a new steel roof on my shop on Friday.

I should be done with insurance claims on my roofs for a while now. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Monday, August 17, 2015 - 09:13 am:

I have to laugh I was reading this thread and saw the last post, I had just been thinking of building a new shop and out of nowhere there is what I was thinking about, It is a nice looking shop.

(Message edited by Jtt3 on August 17, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, August 17, 2015 - 11:32 am:

You may have to replace your steel roof in about sixty years. That's how long mine lasted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Monday, August 17, 2015 - 11:42 am:

It's obvious that roof did it's job. The rafters and strapping look great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Monday, August 17, 2015 - 11:52 am:

I really hope that I can in sixty years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Monday, August 17, 2015 - 01:27 pm:

Steve. I am surprised that did not try make it last another 30 years by repairing it with JB weld :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Monday, August 17, 2015 - 01:46 pm:

Fred,
When Steve installed that roof 60 years ago he sealed the seams with JB Weld. That's how it lasted so long! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Monday, August 17, 2015 - 01:56 pm:

Bob,

Beautiful roof but I have to ask do you stay at the "Red Roof Inn" when you travel? What size is your building?

Derek,

Nice shop. Is that a pole building or standard frame structure? What are the measurements for the width and length?

(I'll bet you guys can tell I may be building a new shop someday.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Monday, August 17, 2015 - 02:14 pm:

Dennis, it is stick built 40' x 50' with attic trusses and a bar/game/toy room on the 2nd floor.

Pictures near the top of this page: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/383403.html?1380773062

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Monday, August 17, 2015 - 03:26 pm:

Dennis,

The shop is 28 x 44 x 9. It is stick built as well.

If anyone is thinking about building a shop, scrape together every penny you can and make it as big as you can afford. You will fill it up ... I guarantee.

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Monday, August 17, 2015 - 05:52 pm:

Bob, it's vewy pwetty.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin Konrad on Monday, August 17, 2015 - 06:30 pm:

Have to agree with you, Bob. My 26X24 could be much more accommodating, but insulation, sheeting, and a 35K-BTU Modine Hot Dawg allow winter comfort. (Still feels like 10# in a 5# bag sometimes...)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Monday, August 17, 2015 - 07:52 pm:

On our visits to USA I could not get my head around the the use of all sorts of roofing used, but very little iron. Corrugated iron like Steve's is the norm in Australia. It used to be galvanised. Then they developed Zinc-aluminium coating and now there is a plethora of colours called colourbond, so no more painting is needed.

It's a little noisy when it pours with rain, but that is music to the ears of this farm part-owner.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Tuesday, August 18, 2015 - 05:02 pm:

Re-roofed my barn/shop with light tan steel panels over the old roofing. Now barn is about 20 degrees cooler in summer. Walled off shop stays nice and cool. Warmest it gets is about 75 in late afternoon on a 90 degree day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Noel D. Chicoine, MD, Pierre, SD on Tuesday, August 18, 2015 - 11:25 pm:

I lost my 36X80 storage shed to 100mph winds in early July. Insurance company cut me a check and I'm getting a new 42X 72 shed hopefully in late October. With the front 2 trusses high clearance and the rest scissor trusses, I've cut the height by nearly 2 feet. I'm moving it lower on the property to avoid a possible recurrance of the "100 year" wind. Thankfully both T's were at the house.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 12:39 am:

Noel,

Sorry you lost your building but at least you are up-sizing :-)

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 05:08 pm:

Bob, Dennis, Derek & Noel.... My motto is: It's hard to build a garage that's tooooo big!

It seems that no matter how big we build them, they'll still fill up and we'll wish we had built it bigger.

Just my opinion.... :-)

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 06:08 pm:

A building is one thing where hindsight is always 20-20! In 1983 When i built my 28x48x14 high it was huge but i wish i had went 16' tall.maybe 4 years ago i added a 12x48 lean to. On the next place they just moved a hog barn that was built short maybe 10' and it is jacked up at least 4' so they can add to the bottem.Bud.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration