Contact info needed for repair of a Becker starter.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Contact info needed for repair of a Becker starter.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Elenbaas - Granger, Washington on Monday, August 17, 2015 - 01:03 pm:

The casting on my Becker starter broke off and I am unable to locate any information on how to contact them for repairs. Help........

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Monday, August 17, 2015 - 01:16 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/cgi-bin/discus/board-profile.cgi?action=view_profile&profil e=mralternator-users

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Monday, August 17, 2015 - 05:39 pm:

How old is your starter ??? From the father's shop in Ohio ? That shop may not be in existence.

Daryl may be of some help if he is able

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Moorehead on Monday, August 17, 2015 - 09:13 pm:

That was a common problem with the aluminum nose piece. We had a least 2 do the same thing. Bad part is, if the piece goes down into the engine, it is very hard to retrieve the piece. Could be a real son of a gun to get out. We don't use those starters anymore for that one reason. We have never seen an original cast iron nose piece come apart or break.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd, ............Red Deer, Alberta on Tuesday, August 18, 2015 - 10:07 am:

"We have never seen an original cast iron nose piece come apart or break."

That's because they're steel not cast iron.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Tuesday, August 18, 2015 - 10:38 am:

The Model T starter mounting bracket is cast iron.
Ron the Coilman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, August 18, 2015 - 10:43 am:

With all due respect Ron, I have been of the opinion that they are cast steel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, August 18, 2015 - 10:43 am:

... or at least ductile iron.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Tuesday, August 18, 2015 - 10:57 am:

Jerry
Perhaps I am wrong, but the information on the Ford part drawing and Record of Change cards I have for part number T-1867 indicates "Malleable Cast Iron"
Ron

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, August 18, 2015 - 12:09 pm:

Ron,

O.K., that's ductile iron in today's language. That makes sense. Thanks!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration