What do you do on the hottest day of the year

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: What do you do on the hottest day of the year
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Monday, August 17, 2015 - 02:28 pm:

What do you do on the hottest day of the year, you pack-up your Model T then join up with some friends and drive to the ocean. So yesterday that is what I did, I drove down to Haverhill, Mass. and meet up with some very good friends and we all headed to Gloucester. There we visited the Hammond Castle
(http://www.hammondcastle.org/common/index.php?com=HAMM&div=AA&nav=AA&page=A91). Then we were off to Granite Pier in Rockport, Mass. After that it was stop for lunch at the Lobster Pool. On the way back to Haverhill we of course we made the mandatory ice cream stop. Arriving back in Haverhill we all noticed a time/temperature reading 98. Seabiscuit run strong a cool all day on my 170 mile trip.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Hammond Castle
Hammond Castle draw bridge
Granite Pier, Rockport, MA
Seabiscuit my 1926 Model T Coupe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Monday, August 17, 2015 - 07:46 pm:

"...... lunch at the Lobster Pool. "

Warren -- You have my mouth watering!

I think God eats lobster every day! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Monday, August 17, 2015 - 09:01 pm:

Lobster was junk food to the prison inmates in Rhode Island at one time. They actually had a prison revolt because of it.

When I was a teen I pulled lobster pots with a guy and traded the culls (one claw lobsters) for real food like hamburger.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration