What a Great Loss

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: What a Great Loss
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David L Corman on Monday, August 17, 2015 - 10:31 pm:

This morning Martin Alexander from Queen City, MO passed away after a long illness. He was a great friend and mentor to many of us in the Prairie State Model T Club. Every winter, he would put on a Tech Session for the club in a very entertaining and knowledgeable way. He had a 1915 T since being a teenager. He had restored the car twice, the second time because of a garage fire. He loved to tour going to Kanab, UT, Hillbilly Tours, and the Natchez Trace multiple times. Other places that he toured were Nova Scotia, Grand Canyon, Alamosa, CO, Mount Rushmore, SD.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Monday, August 17, 2015 - 11:41 pm:

When my T broke on the Kanab tour, Martin and his wife offered Vonnie and me a ride on the rest of the tour. Indeed a great man and a generous friend!!! What a shock

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, August 18, 2015 - 01:27 am:

Losing friends this way may be a necessary part of life? But it is the worst part of this hobby.
As always, my condolences to his family and friends.
Wayne Sheldon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Dupree on Tuesday, August 18, 2015 - 10:32 am:

Martin always loved to talk about Model T's and ways to restore and repair them. We will miss him a lot.

Ron and Linda Dupree

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Arthur Dewey Asher Washington IL on Tuesday, August 18, 2015 - 11:08 am:

No Model T guy could have a better friend than Martin. He was so generous with his time, his talent, and his model T parts. A tremendous loss for all. Dewey and Pat Asher

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn - Lincoln, NE on Tuesday, August 18, 2015 - 11:11 am:

I always enjoyed visiting with Martin on many tours we both attended, he was a very talented Model T man. Condolences to his family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Tuesday, August 18, 2015 - 12:40 pm:

I too had many a discussion with Martin on tours we attended. He loved to discuss ideas and he had a keen knowledge of how things on a T were supposed to work. 95% of fixing anything is knowing how it is supposed to work. My Condolences to all of his family and close friends. He will be missed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Dupree on Tuesday, August 18, 2015 - 06:39 pm:

Here is a link to Martin's obituary.

http://www.davisplaylehudsonrimer.com/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=3282087&fh _id=11868

Ron Dupree

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Thomas - Centerville, Iowa on Tuesday, August 18, 2015 - 09:18 pm:

I had only recently met Martin. One of my employees restores motorcycles, and he had restored several for Martin. I rode along to pick up and deliver motorcycles and that is when I met Martin. He was very willing to share knowledge, experience and enthusiasm for anything with a motor. I only wish I had met him sooner.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald Wheeler on Tuesday, August 18, 2015 - 10:50 pm:

Martins spirit will live on in all who were helped, taught and enjoyed his knowledge of Model T's. He will be missed by all.

Don and Chris Wheeler

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration