Does Stutzman's have rims?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Does Stutzman's have rims?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Monday, August 17, 2015 - 10:50 pm:

If you have a wood felloe wheel that needs new wood and new rims, do you have to supply the rims or will Stutzman's do that for you and charge you for the woodwork and the rim?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, August 18, 2015 - 02:20 am:

I don't know if they will buy the new rims for you or if you have to buy them yourself and send them, but it will cost you a lot less to buy an old rim that's in good shape. A new non-demountable rim will cost you $145 + shipping.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, August 18, 2015 - 08:23 am:

Dave, I asked that same question of Noah last year when I dropped off two of my '15 rims to be re-felloed/spoked. Basically he suggested that I acquire my own rims, he'd do the rest. I don't think he wants to get into the actual rim business.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, August 18, 2015 - 08:29 am:

You can buy new rims here if you can't find good used ones:

http://www.americanvintagerims.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, Mostly in Dearborn on Tuesday, August 18, 2015 - 08:43 am:

American Vintage Rims will drop ship directly to Noah Stutzman. I did it with mine and it worked out great.

I was in the neighborhood so I dropped off my cleaned up hubs and the rims arrived shortly afterwards.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Hollenbaugh on Tuesday, August 18, 2015 - 09:43 am:

What does it cost for new wood if you take your old wheels to Stutzman's?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Tuesday, August 18, 2015 - 09:47 am:

Mine cost around $250 each. However, my wheels were 28 inch and wood felloe, so T may (or not) be less.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, August 18, 2015 - 10:43 am:

One thing's for sure -- The Stutzmans turn out some beautiful, high-quality work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, August 18, 2015 - 10:57 am:

Rob's about right on for the 30/30.5 wheel also. I think I paid something like $460 for a pair for the right side of my '15 last year. Like Mike said, superior work. Even the wife said it was a shame to have to paint 'em black! Can't wait to get the wheel I have for my '13 back from them. Then I can get more cheese at Guggisberg on the way!!! LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary London, Camarillo, CA on Tuesday, August 18, 2015 - 12:52 pm:

Price was $175 per wheel a couple of months ago. That was using my clean and primed hubs and parts, and I supplied the joining plates, bolts and nuts. Noah did all of the wood work and privided the tube for the valve stem.

(Message edited by Modeltbarn on August 18, 2015)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration