Radiator fins

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Radiator fins
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Tuesday, August 18, 2015 - 04:26 pm:

Were the radiator fins originally painted black by Ford? From the look of some of the old photos, it would appear so.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd, ............Red Deer, Alberta on Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 10:27 am:

I believe they were, but don't forget that radiators require a special paint, not your run of the mill, off the shelf paint.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 10:42 am:

Why? What would happen if you do use rattle can paint? Seems like I did this on my '27 years ago and it seemed to be fine. What kind of paint is required?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 10:50 am:

Bill,
They do make paint specifically formulated for radiator fins. It's designed to go on thinner so as to not goop up the fins and thereby diminish heat transfer. It is available in rattle cans.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 07:40 pm:

Eastwood sells it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 09:18 pm:

If you paint at an angle to the fins top and bottom, rattle can paint works fine to paint just the front outside and bottom tank. If you are painting the whole radiator use the correct paint.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration