Old Photo - 1913 Touring Sales Receipt

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - 1913 Touring Sales Receipt
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 12:40 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 07:48 am:

It is interesting to see he ordered the optional electric lights and an oil gage. The car number listed is that the body number or just a production number?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 08:12 am:

The car number is stamped on the firewall patent plate. The motor number is the official VIN.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 10:11 am:

Without looking at the books, it appears that car was a Dec '12 or early Jan '13.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter -- Sparta, Missouri, USA on Thursday, August 20, 2015 - 02:44 pm:

Was it normal for Ford dealers to install accessory lights? I wonder what brand they used. I wonder if Henry might have taken a dim view of this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Thursday, August 20, 2015 - 02:52 pm:

The two inner tubes were $7.15
The price of the 'lectric lights were $8.00!

Of course the dealership then had a set of gas lamps and a carbide generator to add to the inventory.

I see no battery. I wonder if the lights ran off of the magneto?

: ^ )

-Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, August 20, 2015 - 07:59 pm:

"Elec. lights" could mean cowl lamps only, headlamps only, or both. It also could mean full lamps or just the internals to electrify the gas and/or oil lamps. It could even mean an electric spot-lamp added. Over the years, I have seen original photos of just about every combination of electrified lamps.
Lots of dealers sold accessories to go with the model Ts they sold. It was only a few years after this that Henry Ford complained to them and threatened them with losing their franchises. I don't recall what year it was, but he also threatened to void warranties if accessories were used at some point. Or so I have read. I don't think the threats were backed up very much, because many of the dealers did continue to sell accessories. Parts houses and jobbers sold many more also.
A wonderful piece to share! Thank you Jay.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dare - Just a little South West . on Friday, August 21, 2015 - 03:26 am:

Chains ----- snow chains ?
David.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dare - Just a little South West . on Friday, August 21, 2015 - 03:33 am:

HE LEFT HIS CHAINS BEHIND advertisement.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration