Old Photo - Proud Torpedo Owner

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - Proud Torpedo Owner
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 12:52 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 03:21 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 03:32 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 05:18 am:

LOVE IT! But I gotta ask, did you get this picture from Bob Coiro (Spectators and funny hats)?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 07:07 am:

I thought Zoro rode a horse.

What year is this car?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 08:05 am:

I think 1911 was the only year for this body style

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 09:50 am:

1912 Torpedoes looked similar, but their front fenders were flat on top like the other Fords through '16.

Can someone tell whether this is RHD car, or has the picture been reversed?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 09:52 am:

Look at the seatback, Mike - he's driving on the LH side.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 10:28 am:

He ?????? Kinda looks like the Wicked Witch of the East !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 10:37 am:

I thought the body sides of a 12 Torpedo were taller

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 11:13 am:

Yes, "and your little dog too!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 11:21 am:

It looks like the Lau estate torpedo

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Model-T-FACTORY-TORPEDO-ROADSTER-Lau-Collection-/15 1782094534?forcerrptr=true&hash=item2356eaf6c6&item=151782094534

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 11:50 am:

Mike-
The low angle and length of the steering column makes it look like it is on the right, but I agree it is LHD.

I can tell the negative is NOT reversed because the thumb-nut latch of the E&J headlamps are on the correct side.

Also note the speedometer drive and cable are on the left front wheel.

: ^ )

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 07:34 pm:

I guess I was looking at the Wicked Witch and the steering wheel, not the seatback. DUH!

There's lots of very light-colored mud on the undersides of the fenders. I can't make out what that is in the area of the hand crank. Is it some kind of commencer mechanism?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 10:03 pm:

O'le! No bull. New job.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration