Eaton Ruckstells

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Eaton Ruckstells
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 10:21 am:

When did Eaton take over the production of Ruckstells? Next question. I believe the Eaton Ruckstells have the clipped patent plate. I have never seen a large drum Ruckstell with the rectangular (square corner) plate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Miller, Sequim WA on Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 03:48 pm:

Larry, my research eludes to 1928. It seems to me that Eaton was interested in the patent only because I have never seen any used after this, (at least of the Worm Drive) or produced after this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen D Heatherly on Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 04:46 pm:

Larry, my large drum ruckstell has a rectangular plate.

Stephen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 07:44 pm:

One of each on big drum ruskstells.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 10:11 pm:

Larry, Ruckstell transferred production of the Ruckstell to Eaton in 1925. He sold the patent rights to Eaton in 1928. Its all in my book, Glover E. Ruckstell and the Ruckstell Axle. Everything you ever wanted to know about Ruckstell and then some. I am still digging up information.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eubanks, Powell, TN on Thursday, August 20, 2015 - 09:29 am:

I have heard of a Model A with a Ruckstell, never actually seen one myself. Maybe that is where the Eaton thing comes in.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Thursday, August 20, 2015 - 12:53 pm:

Jim, Ruckstell did sell a planetary gear shift type transmission for the Model A Ford but he didn't make a two speed Ruckstell Axle for the Model A. The Axles that people have seen were called the Twin-X Axle made by Price Hollister. Again, all of this information is in my book, "Glover E. Ruckstell and the Ruckstell Axle>" Everyone should have a copy, It is a wealth of information on Ruckstell and associated products.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Thursday, August 20, 2015 - 02:20 pm:

Eaton produced the Trukstell in the late 20's and early 30's for larger trucks than the TT. After about 1933 it became known as the Eaton Two Speed Rear End. They came in a variety of sizes for trucks from about one and half ton to 18 wheelers. They were especially popular with farmers and gravel haulers in the days when a 6 yard gravel box was a big truck. They were very popular up though the 60's and there are still hundreds of thousands of them around today. They are the same basic design as a T Ruckstell. Most had an air shifter on them that ran on engine vacuum.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration