Old Photo - Delivery Truck

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - Delivery Truck
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 10:21 am:

I saw this on the wall at Lambert's Cafe, Sikeston, MO, the day before yesterday.

Recently, Lambert's, the home of Throwed Rolls, came into the news as the defendant in a lawsuit where a customer alleged having his/her eye damaged as the result of a thrown-roll hitting this individual in/near the eye. I believe the lawsuit was for $25,000.

I enjoyed lunch, but decided to not bring up Lambert's legal woes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 07:40 pm:

When the lawyers get through with that one, it'll be "Lambert's, the FORMER home of the Throwed Rolls."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Tillstrom 30 miles N of Memphis TN on Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 07:46 pm:

I love Lambert's. We fly in there once a year or so. They monitor Unicom and come pick you up. I announce ten miles out and by the time I get shut down the van is there. I really like all the "pass arounds". There isn't much better than one of those rolls with butter and sorghum on it!

It would be a shame if it becomes, "home of the walk up and hand you a roll" place.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul iverson freeport ill. on Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 08:00 pm:

what are throwed rolls?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 08:08 pm:

When u go to Lambert's and ask for a roll, they through it to u.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 08:11 pm:

Correction: throw it to u.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration