Sidescreens

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Sidescreens
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By len doyle on Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 04:09 pm:

Just wondered if anyone does a sidescreens kit suitable for a 1927 tourer? The car will be used in the rain and steaming up would be a big problem.

I'm also vaguely interested in the idea of a disc brake conversion. Is there a schematic for one to fit inside the brake drums? Is it significantly better, given I'm a fairly conservative driver?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Holland, Utah on Thursday, August 20, 2015 - 12:42 am:

Len, I bet side screens would be a plus in rainy weather. You can open the windscreen ( windshield ) a little to let the steam out. I have Rocky Mountain's that I like a lot. I have them set up so they come on first and then if you jam the brake to the floor the transmission brake comes on. Rocky Mountains do not work when backing; that is why I have the transmission brake still in use.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Thursday, August 20, 2015 - 09:06 am:

I have little faith in reproduction side curtains. I would definitely ask the supplier if they are exact copies of the originals. 1926 side curtains are way more involved than the 1925's. I made a set for mine from the factory prints. Do you have the rods for the doors?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, August 20, 2015 - 02:59 pm:

Len, if you are missing the door rods, I have a pair that I will send you for the price of shipping, PM me if interested.

Mark Strange

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration