Installing new Dash for early 1912 - need dimensions

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Installing new Dash for early 1912 - need dimensions
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Quigley on Thursday, August 20, 2015 - 09:21 am:

Before drilling holes in the new dash, need to confirm locations of lamps and speedometer placement. Would love to evaluate 1911 and 1912 data.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, August 20, 2015 - 09:33 am:

One or two piece dash?
Here's an earlier post with lots of info and links about the '12 dash: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/216356.html

Here's the speedo placement on the one piece dash: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/257047/308677.html?1346519948

And here are the side lamp hole positions for the one piece dash: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/80257/82960.html?1235585602

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Rosenthal in Cincinnati Oh on Thursday, August 20, 2015 - 10:11 am:

Tom:
Late 1912 Beaudette and Fisher Touring Fore doors completely conceal the (2) side lamp bracket hardware from the inside of the dash. I have also seen credible 12 examples where these fasteners are exposed. I'm not the expert, but I don't believe there is one correct set of these hole locations that apply to all 1912 single piece dashes.
Regards,
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Thursday, August 20, 2015 - 11:18 am:

The dash to body bracket holes are NOT shown on the early (through at least 1914) dash drawings since those "butterfly bracket" holes were drilled in place to fit the body that was bolted to the dash. While the basic dash drawing was the same for various body styles, those bracket holes can be found high, low, wide, and narrow depending on the unique body style and body maker. If you have an early body you should NOT remove the old dash and leave it off with nothing holding the front body ends from spreading and/or twisting. If nothing else, take a scrap sheet of plywood and make a "keeper" dash to hold the body at its usual width and without twist or you will have a nightmare in a year or so when trying to fit a dash to that body.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Friday, August 21, 2015 - 12:22 am:

I have an original dash from a 1912, that had front doors. The dash is rough but its yours if you want it. It's excellent for a pattern.

brasscarguy
2ho6 919-1949

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration