Side Lamp Mounting Bracket-Unusual- Help Identify its application

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Side Lamp Mounting Bracket-Unusual- Help Identify its application
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam, Bluffton, Ohio on Thursday, August 20, 2015 - 02:52 pm:

This bracket seems to be unusual and different from others I have seen. What body styles would use it. Any pictures of it in use? What is the hole through the bracket used for?Bracket

Bracket

Bracket

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Thursday, August 20, 2015 - 02:56 pm:

Jack-
That is the mount for a 1915 runabout tail lamp.

Here's one for a touring car:

The license plate bracket goes through the hole. It is threaded and held in place with a nut.

: ^ )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Thursday, August 20, 2015 - 03:00 pm:

Here is a complete runabout bracket:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam, Bluffton, Ohio on Thursday, August 20, 2015 - 04:13 pm:

Thanks Keith! I have two of these neither has the license plate holder. JP

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam, Bluffton, Ohio on Thursday, August 20, 2015 - 04:16 pm:

Thanks Keith! I have two of these neither has the license plate holder. JP

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Thursday, August 20, 2015 - 07:20 pm:

I have a few of those too. They fit the Runabout and Coupelet, 1915-16. The lamp mounting brackets are more plentiful these days than the part which holds the license plate.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration