Coil box wood

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Coil box wood
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David J. Holland Ohio on Thursday, August 20, 2015 - 04:03 pm:

Does someone have a template for the 10 contact positions (drilled holes) on the back wood (vertical piece) for a 1915-up coil box?
A picture showing the track for the bat and mag wires would help.
I know the wood pieces are in the catalogs but it is fun making T parts as part of the hobby.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, August 20, 2015 - 07:39 pm:

It's a little more involved then just drilling 10 holes. The contacts are recessed in grooves as are the wires. Without a template try and find an old back that you can use. The grooves are off set left and right.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, August 20, 2015 - 11:26 pm:

I'd forego the DIY fun on this and use the Fun Projects kit. That eliminates the fun of breaking down from carbon tracking in damp wood. I can have the fun of making my own with plenty of other T parts.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration