Rego & YOM Plates in OR?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Rego & YOM Plates in OR?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul O'Neil, Fullerton, CA, USA on Thursday, August 20, 2015 - 07:24 pm:

What do registration tags and Year of Manufacture plate fees run to in Oregon? I'm paying just under $100. per car here in CA.

Vintage Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Prince Madras, Oregon on Thursday, August 20, 2015 - 07:35 pm:

Paul, I believe that it is $87 for classic registration and year of man. plates with your plate. It is a one time fee, reg is good for ever. You only need 1 plate, although every one that I talk to has a different level of knowledge about how to properly get it done.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul O'Neil, Fullerton, CA, USA on Thursday, August 20, 2015 - 07:56 pm:

We have the same trouble here, no one seems to know the program at the DMV and the AAA is not allowed to handle the YOM program. I sure like the forever rego!!! I pay nearly $100. per car per YEAR!!!

Vintage Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Lay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lancaster Ca. on Thursday, August 20, 2015 - 08:33 pm:

Paul I had AAA do my reg. with YOM Plates. Went through just fine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul O'Neil, Fullerton, CA, USA on Thursday, August 20, 2015 - 08:49 pm:

This is new and very good news! For years they were not allowed to help with these plates.

Vintage Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Lay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lancaster Ca. on Thursday, August 20, 2015 - 11:46 pm:

Glad to give someone good news

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Kile ....San Jose CA on Friday, August 21, 2015 - 01:11 pm:

Scott, do you know if this is universal AAA policy or just select offices in California ?? I have YOM plates for both my T and Model A but it turns my stomach just thinking about dealing with the DMV....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Lay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lancaster Ca. on Friday, August 21, 2015 - 09:16 pm:

I don't know Bruce. I bought my car with YOM plates and went to aaa and they gave me a form to have the previous owner sign to transfere the plates to me. They seem to know what to do and helped me out with it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Lyon, PDX, OR. on Saturday, August 22, 2015 - 12:25 pm:

I like the one time fee here in Oregon. The car is supposed to be used for club activities only but I've been driving mine two to four times a week for four yrs and cops just wave. The YOM plates follow the same rules as special purpose/antique plates, Don.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Lay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lancaster Ca. on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 12:04 pm:

Here in Ca. a car with YOM plates have full operating privileges, and
are not restricted to participation in historical vehicle activities. (ref: ca dmv 21.175)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Saylor, Citrus Heights, Ca on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 03:11 pm:

In California its DMV form 352. As one of our members learned the hard way you have to get a release from the prior owner of the plates if they are already on the car. Form 352 has a place for the prior owner to sign off on the plates as well as all info needed to register. I find its best to do the research and have all the paper work before going to the DMV. Not all DMV personal under YOM.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Lay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lancaster Ca. on Monday, August 24, 2015 - 06:00 pm:

Yep. I had to go through that too John

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration