Holley carburetor adjustment

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Holley carburetor adjustment
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Gates on Thursday, August 20, 2015 - 07:53 pm:

I have 1921 T hasn't run for 20 years and I am trying to start it: All new timer, coils, plug and wiring harness. I turned the needle valve 1 1/2 turns off of the seat. I get a pop but no start. Is there a starting point used by for initial starting?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, August 20, 2015 - 08:17 pm:

Are you pulling the choke and priming the motor? Do you have GOOD gas flow to and out of drain on carb? Are your plugs getting wet? Your needle adjustment sounds in the ball park.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Thursday, August 20, 2015 - 09:29 pm:

depends on the carb, try 3/4 off the seat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, August 20, 2015 - 11:10 pm:

I agree 1 turns out could be right. But it could also be too much. As Dan says, the best setting varies from carb to carb. I'd start at and go from there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd, ............Red Deer, Alberta on Friday, August 21, 2015 - 10:32 am:

Does it have good compression on all 4 cylinders?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration