Need picture of inside bracing behind panel below trunk 1926 coupe

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Need picture of inside bracing behind panel below trunk 1926 coupe
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Austin Baker on Thursday, August 20, 2015 - 09:21 pm:

Need picture of inside bracing behind panel below trunk 1926 coupe. I want to mount a spare tire and the bracing is missing. Maybe I can fabricate something.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A Bartsch on Thursday, August 20, 2015 - 11:26 pm:

Austin:

The posts by Don Booth from 10/10/ and 10/14/13 show some of the details.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/390601.html?1385415681

jb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Murray - Anacortes, WA on Friday, August 21, 2015 - 12:28 am:

gg

How's this ??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Austin Baker on Friday, August 21, 2015 - 07:42 am:

Thank you very much.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Austin Baker on Saturday, August 22, 2015 - 06:22 pm:

What does the tire holder neck bolt to? Is the middle brace curved to fit against panel? What does the 2 rivets hold?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A Bartsch on Saturday, August 22, 2015 - 08:43 pm:

Austin:

My T had a hollow spacer behind the brace for the top bolt to pass thru so tightening that bolt would not crush the brace. The lower two bolts are shorter and just go thru the skin and web of the brace. Those rivets might hold that hollow spacer?
respectfully, jb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Austin Baker on Sunday, August 23, 2015 - 11:17 am:

Thanks

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration