Hig Tension Leads

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Hig Tension Leads
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan George Long on Friday, August 21, 2015 - 03:24 am:

Hi Gents.
Are we all using wire leads to the spark plugs or are some of us using the later carbon type leads?
What about those who are running distributors. No doubt the "modern style"??
Thank you. Alan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Friday, August 21, 2015 - 07:49 am:

I am using a "Wico" high tension magneto on my '23. It has steel core wires. You can get build your own steel core kits at http://www.summitracing.com very inexpensively.

The alternator is being replaced by a generator this weekend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, August 21, 2015 - 09:15 am:

You can use the carbon wires with a distributor but steel or copper for magneto.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Friday, August 21, 2015 - 10:40 am:

I do not recommend using carbon core spark plug wires with original Model T coils.
Ron the Coilman

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration