Were can i get a Micro groove belt

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Were can i get a Micro groove belt
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RVB on Friday, August 21, 2015 - 03:18 pm:

I'm looking for the new 27" modern micro grove belt, I don't want the leather one. I know that’s what was used before, But when they start cracking. Will... I looked at the cheapo $6.00 one's "Not sure how long those will last" so that brought me to the new Micro-groove Fan Belts. I've seen them in many cars now and they seem to work ok/good..

Lang’s web site has them, But they only go down to size 28", Snyder’s web site doesn’t seem to carry them. Bob's doesn't carry them. Texas T Part's/Bird Haven has it “them” the 27” and at a relatively good price but no one's ever home, If anyone know of a vendor. I sure do appreciate it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald Manlove on Friday, August 21, 2015 - 03:48 pm:

Leave a message for Birdhaven and they are very good about getting back to you the same day

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Friday, August 21, 2015 - 03:51 pm:

Napa, Car Quest, O'Reilly, Advance Auto Parts........

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RVB on Friday, August 21, 2015 - 04:17 pm:

Yup.. I went to AutoZone, CAPS, NAPA, Car quest none carry them, and can't order them.

funny thing was that at caps the young men told me, sir why don't put two of the small one's we have side by side. and you'll get almost an 1" wide.. "I just smiled"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Friday, August 21, 2015 - 04:56 pm:

I have one that is 3/4" on my '14. Works fine, came from Pep Boys.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Friday, August 21, 2015 - 07:12 pm:

Dayco Part #'s.....because sometimes the young kids behind the counter don't know how to use books or the internet for other than social media---some adults need help too.

Dayco #'s
5040270 4 rib .54" wide belt 27" long
5040274 4 rib .54" wide belt 27.36" long
5050273 5 rib .68" wide belt 27.25" long
5060273 6 rib .82" wide belt 27.24" long

Napa usually uses these part#'s with a 25 in front of them, most part stores can cross the numbers to their brands--if they know what they're doing. God I am getting to be a grumpy old guy.

Keep in mind those measurements are close to the outside diameter (they are effective lengths) so the inside will be a little smaller

(Message edited by Chad Marchees on August 21, 2015)

(Message edited by Chad Marchees on August 21, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Friday, August 21, 2015 - 07:21 pm:

In stock:
http://www.summitracing.com/oh/parts/dac-5060273/overview/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Friday, August 21, 2015 - 07:23 pm:

LOL, just beat Royce.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald Conklin on Friday, August 21, 2015 - 07:24 pm:

I'm running two 4 rib belts together, probably have more than 10,000 miles on them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Friday, August 21, 2015 - 07:31 pm:

What happened to Gates Belts?? Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Friday, August 21, 2015 - 07:53 pm:

Width should not be a problem as it is easy to cut the grooves off as needed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RVB on Friday, August 21, 2015 - 08:40 pm:

Thanks Chad, Royce..

I just ordered one from summit, and I know it won’t hurt to have a spare belt since I have (2)-T's.. So I’M picking up the second one tomorrow morning at NAPA.. all this came about when I was on a “Banana Split” run. Yup Soft serve, I thought I was hearing something zapping, I said oh know, I think it’s electrical. As long as the car drove I didn’t want to stop, afraid it might not turn back on if I stopped, got it home OK, The next day I start looking around at the wires.. I even thought it might have been one of the coils that moved out of its place. That’s when I glance over and notice the belt had a 4 ˝” layer just dangling..

“Whew hope that’s it”..

I think as it was rotating is was slapping on something and that why I was hearing what sounded like a zap.. I’ll see what happens when I get this done first thing in the morning.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Prince Madras, Oregon on Friday, August 21, 2015 - 10:05 pm:

I run Napa #25-070319 on 3 26's and a 27, run it with the flat side against the pulley(grooves out)and they work good, I have been running one for over 8years and probably 50,000 miles

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Friday, August 21, 2015 - 11:12 pm:

But Dennis, he said a 27" belt, not a '27 T. That belt you run is a 7 rib and approximately 31.9" long belt, well exceeding his requirements.

Once you know how the part numbers run, you can pretty easily figure them out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Friday, August 21, 2015 - 11:42 pm:

I run a serpentine belt on my 25. It's a 3 rib belt that runs the A/C compressor and alternator, a big load for such a skinny belt but it's been doing it for a long time. I run a flat fan pulley and the belt is slowly making it into a multi groove. Because of the load the belt has to pull I have to have it fairly tight and I worry a little about the front main bearing. So far so good.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration