OT - Another Ford "Sahara Find" in the Sudan

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT - Another Ford "Sahara Find" in the Sudan
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine in Australia on Friday, August 21, 2015 - 04:23 pm:

Some of you might remember this TT:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/257047/296037.html

Well, my friend Abd Alsalam, who is well known in the African overlander community, has just sent me pics of another old Ford that has turned up in Khartoum.

Must make my way back to Sudan (the north one, not south) some day as I'm convinced that Model T sandmobile is somewhere there. Anyone know the word for sandmobile in Arabic?

Sandmobile info here:
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/257047/320040.html?1352488644

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Friday, August 21, 2015 - 05:12 pm:

I love the flapping Port-A-Wall and the radiator cap.
Thank you for posting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jem Bowkett, Bracknell United Kingdom on Friday, August 21, 2015 - 05:21 pm:

1939 Prefect E93A..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Friday, August 21, 2015 - 05:42 pm:

Around this end of the world when a cap comes up for sale, you need to check if it has a vent hole to see if it's a fuel tank one or a radiator one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, August 21, 2015 - 08:16 pm:

Neat!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Mettling - Dayton OH on Friday, August 21, 2015 - 08:56 pm:

very cool

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Gilham Bellflower Ca. on Friday, August 21, 2015 - 10:21 pm:

Oh That's Cool!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Friday, August 21, 2015 - 10:32 pm:

You guys think it's cool but in my country we couldn't give them away so now they're all gone..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By wayne tomlins on Saturday, August 22, 2015 - 02:24 am:

Same in NZ, never an enthusiasts car, something your old Aunty drove & slightly amusing.
That one looks in good condition for that part of the world.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Saturday, August 22, 2015 - 07:38 pm:

We dubbed them 'Snake trackers' here in South Australia. Once the steering became worn, it was impossible to keep them pointing in a straight line, so the driver was constantly feeling for the straight ahead position, going from one lock to the next. Mix that with a novice driver from Iran, Persia at the time, and a bunch of lads going to high school in the city, and you get a few hair raising moments!

Been there. Done that.
Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jem Bowkett, Bracknell United Kingdom on Sunday, August 23, 2015 - 07:07 am:

I had the rare open tourer version and loved it. My biggest old car regret is the day I sold it, I know where it is so I may try to get it back.

Snake tracker? Being a damper country we called them puddle-jumpers. That can be cured with panhard rods.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration