Any Diagram of a Timber Engine Stand

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Any Diagram of a Timber Engine Stand
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RVB on Saturday, August 22, 2015 - 01:26 pm:

My Engine will be arriving within the next week or so, and that give me time to built a stand for it. So when it comes I'm all set for it and then I can start breaking it down.. I'm more of a timber guy and homedepot is not that far away.. I'd like to stay with wood since it's easier to tear down when i'm done. I'm looking for a simple diagram with measurements and any shopping list.. Pictures will help also.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Saturday, August 22, 2015 - 01:39 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/118802/151889.html?1279901294

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Sherman Tacoma WA on Saturday, August 22, 2015 - 01:55 pm:

I don't have a picture but I did find an engine stand at one of the tool places, maybe Tool Town that sells cheap Chinese made tools. It is made of angle irons t with 4 casters and 4 uprights (about a foot long). The lip of the top of the engine pan sits on these 4 uprights and a strap is provided to keep the engine from tipping over. I am sure that it has no brand name, but if I can find the paper work, I will add more info. later if you need it. I think it was about $50 or so.
Paul in Tacoma

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Saturday, August 22, 2015 - 05:05 pm:

For storage it's great especially with casters but for actual work beyond pulling the cyl. head & hogs head it's in the way + once the pans off it's near useless. You need to be able to attach it to the block and be able to rotate it for it to really be useful as a re-build stand.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike_black SC/FL on Saturday, August 22, 2015 - 09:31 pm:

I agree with Charlie. I bit the bullet a couple of years ago and bought the adapter to put a T engine on a regular engine stand. I could kick myself for not doing it years earlier!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, August 23, 2015 - 11:32 am:

The stands for storing engines and the ones for working on engines are two different animals. If you're going to be working on T engines, you need both types.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, August 23, 2015 - 11:34 am:

I should have said, "...are two different animals, but both are called engine stands."

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration